Dollar Tree Status Type Jar

I bought a couple of the DT status-type jars, but they concern me. They're not like the square cubes that are actually from Libbey - I buy those like crazy. But, the status-type containers are labeled from Greenbrier Dist. As far as I know, this is the distribution division of DT & made in China. The bottoms are often uneven & the glass is thinner. I'd rather spend a little more to get a better quality glass.

LoneStar has the plastic dust cover lids, but you'd need to call to verify the dimensions: http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_plastic-cover-(round).html

Susan.

I bought a couple of the DT status-type jars, but they concern me. They're not like the square cubes that are actually from Libbey - I buy those like crazy. But, the status-type containers are labeled from Greenbrier Dist. As far as I know, this is the distribution division of DT & made in China. The bottoms are often uneven & the glass is thinner. I'd rather spend a little more to get a better quality glass.

LoneStar has the plastic dust cover lids, but you'd need to call to verify the dimensions: http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_plastic-cover-(round).html

Susan.

The glasses I bought from my Dollar Tree are heavy glasses, they aren't uneven & they were made in the US not China. I've been burning one for several days marathon burns & no problems.

I'm not trying to be ugly, was just offering an opinion for people that might think they could go to DT & find the actual status jars. Although, if the label says Greenbrier International Dist. they are not made in the US. You can google all day long & every watchdog group calls them out for their made in China products. I'm sure they're fine & glad they're working well for you!

Susan.

Ladysj, I've been using this jar from DT for sometime and have had no issues thus far. I have torture tested this thing to the max of my ability. My friend actually paints them and put them in her oven to bake the paint and has yet to have one shatter.

TxSioux - The ones I buy from DT (both in store and online in bulk) come with a label on the bottom that states Made In The USA. I'm attaching a picture of the label on one I have on hand. (Forgot to take the label off before pouring lol) Maybe different DT's get the jars from different sources which is the only reason can think of for you getting one with the GB label. Now if they had the GB label on it I'm like you I wouldn't touch it but then again that's just my personal preference.

100_1262.jpg

That's really interesting! I started to say there could be 2 different jars being sold, but I thought it was such a longshot that I didn't bother. LOL I'm going to go back to my DT again, but if you've been buying that jar made in the US for some time & we're getting the Greenbrier glass, then I doubt there's any chance I'll find what you have. But, I could use the barcode from yours & get it shipped in. Thanks for the info, cause I just don't buy the China crap.

Susan.

• 2 months later...
Lone Star Candle Supply have lids for this type of jar. :)

Have you actually used those lids on these jars? I'm hoping someone could post a pic of the lid on the jar so I could see how well it fits. I may post in the classifieds asking if I could buy just one lid from someone to try. That may fit in a regular envelope and be just .44 cents postage.

Have you actually used those lids on these jars? I'm hoping someone could post a pic of the lid on the jar so I could see how well it fits. I may post in the classifieds asking if I could buy just one lid from someone to try. That may fit in a regular envelope and be just .44 cents postage.

Yes, I've bought the flat topped lids from Lonestar and they fit the DT Status jars fine. Occasionally I've found a jar where a lid was a tighter fit than others, but the majority do just fine. Ihths! :)

Edited by mzpickles

• 4 weeks later...

Revisiting an old there here but did either of you try the dust cover and like how it looks? I've been debating back and forth about it since I originally read this post and just can't seem to make up my mind. I like the fact that the dust covers are way less expensive. Especially as I know some customers just toss the lid.

• 2 years later...

Lone Star is no longer carrying those plastic covers and I'm sick over it. They not only made a decent cover that I'd add elaborate decorations on top of to dress up the candle when it wasn't burning, but the little hole in the middle was a great help in centering wicks. Do any of you know anywhere selling the plastic covers or something similar? Or other ideas for covering the tops of Status jars?

Wow, guess I lost track of this thread. Darbla, I have used the large flat lids and the plastic lids sold by LoneStar, and they fit perfectly.

Lone Star is no longer carrying those plastic covers and I'm sick over it. They not only made a decent cover that I'd add elaborate decorations on top of to dress up the candle when it wasn't burning, but the little hole in the middle was a great help in centering wicks. Do any of you know anywhere selling the plastic covers or something similar? Or other ideas for covering the tops of Status jars?

Darbla, after reading your post I checked the LoneStar website, and they have them listed; here is the link

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/CandleContainers_Plastic-Cover-(Round).html

Did you call them? If they no longer carry the plastic lids, they should remove them from their website page.

HTH :smiley2:

Darbla, after reading your post I checked the LoneStar website, and they have them listed; here is the link

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/CandleContainers_Plastic-Cover-(Round).html

Did you call them? If they no longer carry the plastic lids, they should remove them from their website page.

Ravens, if I recall, Lone Star has a flat metal lid that fits the DT status jars and another flat metal lid that does not fit, right? Which one is it that fits?

Ravens, if I recall, Lone Star has a flat metal lid that fits the DT status jars and another flat metal lid that does not fit, right? Which one is it that fits?

Ah, you must be referring to the lids I like best, which - wouldn't you know it? - they no longer carry (so I was told) :mad:

I have a few LoneStar metal lids left, and I've been searching for them, but no luck thus far. LS carry a shiny metal lid and a brushed silver lid. I always bought the brushed silver lid for the "spa line", and the copper metal lid, which is flat like the silver one. I do not remember if my lids are the ones with the initials "IS", but it may help you to know that both have a plastic sort of liner which seals the 12oz. Status jar really well.

I loved those lids; will be calling them today or tomorrow and see what they decided to do about them... a while back they told me they were considering stocking them again... not sure of aything about those lids, the person I spoke with was a temp and did not know much.

Now, and I realize this is off-topic, but I've been eyeing these blue candle containers; whatcha think?

http://www.colouredbottles.co.uk/jar_candleholders.php

Too bad they're in the UK. Looks like you can choose your own container and color; wow, wish I could find something like that here!

P.S. Though I was told they don't carry those particular metal lids, they are showing up on their website. Kinda confusing.... I don't see the copper lids. If you find out if these lids are indeed available and fit the 12oz. Status jars, please let us know; thanks!.

Edited by Ravens
add

I don't know where you got that link, but I clicked on Candle Containers > Lids & Covers > Plastic Covers, and they are not there. Then I called Lone Star and was told the manufacturer of those discontinued making them.

I'm calling all my friends who got candles from me and trying to round back up as many as I can, because I used them to help center the wicks. I'm not worried about finding a cover in general (though anything else is going to be more expensive; we all are getting hit with that these days!), but I used it as an actual tool. If I can just get a couple dozen rounded back up I'll have enough to keep on hand for that.

Ah, you must be referring to the lids I like best, which - wouldn't you know it? - they no longer carry (so I was told) :mad:

I have a few LoneStar metal lids left, and I've been searching for them, but no luck thus far. LS carry a shiny metal lid and a brushed silver lid. I always bought the brushed silver lid for the "spa line", and the copper metal lid, which is flat like the silver one. I do not remember if my lids are the ones with the initials "IS", but it may help you to know that both have a plastic sort of liner which seals the 12oz. Status jar really well.

I loved those lids; will be calling them today or tomorrow and see what they decided to do about them... a while back they told me they were considering stocking them again...

ladysj said in another thread: "The 10, 16, & 26 ounce apothecary jar lids will fit these. I ordered the flat glass with fitament from WSP and they work great."

But I don't know how to figure out what those are because I don't use apothecary jars and don't know all their other names that might be referred to on these supplier sites. If you or anyone else can clear up my confusion I'd greatly appreciate it. Sounds like Lone Star (or their lid manufacturers) have left us both hanging!

I loved those lids; will be calling them today or tomorrow and see what they decided to do about them... a while back they told me they were considering stocking them again... not sure of aything about those lids, the person I spoke with was a temp and did not know much.

Now, and I realize this is off-topic, but I've been eyeing these blue candle containers; whatcha think?

http://www.colouredbottles.co.uk/jar_candleholders.php

Too bad they're in the UK. Looks like you can choose your own container and color; wow, wish I could find something like that here!

P.S. Though I was told they don't carry those particular metal lids, they are showing up on their website. Kinda confusing.... I don't see the copper lids. If you find out if these lids are indeed available and fit the 12oz. Status jars, please let us know; thanks!.

Ravens, the cobalt blue with the silver lids are gorgeous! I haven't seen those at any US supplier, but then again, I'm not familiar with all the US suppliers.

What a great idea! Thank-You! I have some extra I can send you.

I don't know where you got that link, but I clicked on Candle Containers > Lids & Covers > Plastic Covers, and they are not there. Then I called Lone Star and was told the manufacturer of those discontinued making them.

I'm calling all my friends who got candles from me and trying to round back up as many as I can, because I used them to help center the wicks. I'm not worried about finding a cover in general (though anything else is going to be more expensive; we all are getting hit with that these days!), but I used it as an actual tool. If I can just get a couple dozen rounded back up I'll have enough to keep on hand for that.

Darbla, went to the LS website and clicked on "containers", then clicked on Status jars. On that page it shows the 3 different sizes of the Status jars; I clicked on the one in the middle (the 12.25 oz.); when taken to that page, it tells me the lids that will fit (bubble, dome, flat, and plastic). I clicked on the plastic; here's the link to these two pages:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-status-jar-12.25oz.html

and

I use the 10oz. apothecary jars with the flat lid, but that lid does not fit my Status jars. Got the 10oz. apothecaries from Candlewic.

HTH :-)

Darbla, went to the LS website and clicked on "containers", then clicked on Status jars. On that page it shows the 3 different sizes of the Status jars; I clicked on the one in the middle (the 12.25 oz.); when taken to that page, it tells me the lids that will fit (bubble, dome, flat, and plastic). I clicked on the plastic; here's the link to these two pages:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-status-jar-12.25oz.html

and

I use the 10oz. apothecary jars with the flat lid, but that lid does not fit my Status jars. Got the 10oz. apothecaries from Candlewic.

HTH :-)

Thanks, when I get home to my computer I will definitely try adding a case of those to my cart!