Newbie's first pic

This is my first try at posting pics. Hope I'm not being A nuisance.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the marbleizing going on in silicone molds?

Since I cannot heat the outside of the molds very well.

I did the drops of dye in hot water, and that seemed to work for color, but it didn't leave the smooth finish. I can see the dye droplets sort of just melted on the outside of the candle. I also tried just putting in A couple of dye drops into the molten wax, and just swirling a little bit, but it ends up dissipating and coloring all of the hot wax into A faint color.

Anyhoo, I just got A shipment of 1343 and dyes from A supplier. Al I can say is that there is A big difference in the quality, and intensity of the dye colors, compared to the Hobby stores products. Still, I am grateful that the Hobby stores had products for me to start with. Thanks All.

post-11929-139458464204_thumb.jpg

post-11929-139458464208_thumb.jpg

That black and white one is very interesting. I can't tell from the pic exactly what that is but it looks like a the round black thing is a wax plug attached to the side. Also, what is going on with the texture? In the pic it almost looks like an ice candle.

Nice job on the candles BTW.

Yes that is an ice poured candle around a core. It is actually dark purple and white.

If I pour two different whipped colors together, will they settle down in the mold to a smoothly finished candle?

I am very new and inexperienced with candles. So I had to make the molds out of pourable silicone, that sets up overnight. Then I had to cut the molds in half to allow them to be separated after pouring. The emblem I made out of pvc plumbing pipe. And then sawed brick molding down to get the square stock to make the triangle with. I had A hard time of trying to get A simple triangle and circle cut out of materials, clay, plastics, etc, to make the blank for the mold.

Also last week I got A beautiful mottle, but can't seem to repeat it anymore. Last night: tried 3 lbs wax, 3tbls mineral oil, 1tbls stearic, 2tbls FO, poured at 185 and immediately covered with A big bath towel. This morning, not even A trace of mottling.

I got the really good mottle once with the HL wax, now I am working CS's, IGI 1343. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks All

If I pour two different whipped colors together, will they settle down in the mold to a smoothly finished candle?

I have only used parrafin pillar wax with a metal mold and one color. You let the wax cool in a metal mixing bowl then use a hand mixer to whip it til its 'fluffy' sort of like egg whites. Add 2-3 drops of color dotted in seperate spots on top of the fluffed up wax then fold the color in to get the marble look. Spoon the wax into the mold. You will need to hit the mold squarely on your tabletop several times to pack the wax down. Be careful not to spray wax all around but do pack it as hard as you can. When it cools and you unmold you should have a nicely marbled candle. Takes some practice and is lots of fun. BTW using a metal bowl makes cleanup easier because you can use your heatgun to melt the leftover wax and clean it up with paper towels.