ISO a Pineapple Cilantro FO that smells like Illuminations...

mzpickles

Pineapple Cilantro candles. It's one of my They've gone out-of-business, I believe Spankee Can'tle bought them and closed them down. Spankee has a Pineapple Cilantro that I refuse to buy, no matter how much like the original it may be. I tried mixing NG's Cool Cilantro & Iced Pineapple but it's nowhere close, nice but no cigar! :cool:

I know Just Scent has one, and one of the Bitter Creeks, but if anyone is familiar with the Illuminations scent that can steer me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

Edited by mzpickles

Well, I tried the Pineapple Cilantro from Aroma Haven but it's more heavy on the pineapple end than the cilantro. OOB you can smell a bit of a "green" note but when I put it in m&p soap and lotion the pineapple part was more pronounced. I did not try it in wax yet but I plan on doing that next time I make tarts. It's a nice not overly sweet pineapple smell but was hoping for more of a "yum" factor. HTH.

Karen

Well, I tried the Pineapple Cilantro from Aroma Haven but it's more heavy on the pineapple end than the cilantro. OOB you can smell a bit of a "green" note but when I put it in m&p soap and lotion the pineapple part was more pronounced. I did not try it in wax yet but I plan on doing that next time I make tarts. It's a nice not overly sweet pineapple smell but was hoping for more of a "yum" factor. HTH.

Karen

Karen, thank you so much for your input! The Illuminations definitely had a "YUM!" factor, at least for me! It's beginning to sound like I just need to try, try, try what's available!

There's also other Cilantro's that I can try to blend with other Pineapples. I guess the possibilites are that I could eventually find what I'm looking for. Either that or the Y*nkee version of the Illuminations scent will become so popular that it spawns a whole new generation of FO dupes!:grin2:

the candle maker...and bramble berry ...both have these scents..

but i have never smelled any of the ones in question..so don't know if it would be what you are looking for..

Thanks so much! I hadn't found those so I'll be sure to check them out!

• 1 month later...

Bumping this with the initial results of my search. After my first attempt at mixing NG Cool Cilantro & Iced Pineapple (too sharp & tart), I bought JS Pineapple Cilantro and poured it. It seemed too sharp to my nose as well (compared to the Illuminations), and after the wax cured (I use a 464/6006 85/15% mix) it remained so but has a great hot & cold throw and I'm kind of getting used to the sharp cilantro smell.

Then I ordered some of the recommendations here from BCN, AH & the CMS.

I think BCN is the closest to the Illuminations and my favorite so far, reviews stated that it smelled more like pineapple than cilantro, it's definitely the sweetest of them all but it's like pineapple but better, if that makes sense. Good but not great cold throw at 7% load, still curing so I'll update with the hot throw later.

Next I poured AH's (1 oz pp). It seemed sharp at first but after 48 hrs in wax it has sweetened up considerably. It almsot seems as though there's a faint perfumey note to it, we'll see how that goes. Great cold throw, I cooled these candles in a small half bath off my family room (warmest area in the house), and as I go down the hall toward the bathroom I can smell them in the hall! This one is my second favorite.

Now for the CMS (A Grade) which I poured last night and cooled overnight in my oven. When I talked about sharp notes before I had no idea exactly how sharp this FO could be! I'm talking singed nose hairs and watering eyes with this one! :laugh2:And this morning when I came downstairs I could smell the cold throw all the way into my living room! I used 1 oz pp with this and could probably do with less, or go to the B Grade. Not sure if I'm going to like this one long term.

I haven't tried Bramble Berries yet, not sure if I need to. The description on their website said it didn't smell good in paraffin based wax, so that scared me off a bit.

I can update this thread later after I test burn these, or you can pm me if you're interested! Thanks for "listening"! :)

Have to second that OOB, BCN's Pineapple Cilantro is very close to Illuminations (YC's) version. I have a YC plug in:( (can't help it...I love the scent) & BCN's is soooo similar. I have yet to pour it in tarts, so couldn't tell you the throw yet.

Terri M.

• 3 months later...

I finally bought some BCN Pineapple Cilantro, and I too like the pineapple, but I also ordered an extra oz of Cilantro FO. I added that to the Pineapple Cilantro and I like it alot. By itself (IMHO) it just needed some extra cilantro. BCN's Cilantro is awesome by the way...

I finally bought some BCN Pineapple Cilantro, and I too like the pineapple, but I also ordered an extra oz of Cilantro FO. I added that to the Pineapple Cilantro and I like it alot. By itself (IMHO) it just needed some extra cilantro. BCN's Cilantro is awesome by the way...

I like the BCN Cilantro too! Did you ever try the Bramble Berry Pineapple Cilantro? It's the only one I haven't tried and while I'm curious about it I haven't been curious enough to place an order for it.

I have oodles of the other Pineapple Cilantros I bought and I've been thinking about adding some Coconut Milk FO to them to see if I can soften the sharp bite of the smell a bit. The Yankme description is "A tropical treat ... fresh, island pineapple served with a citrus touch of cilantro and sweet coconut."

I like the BCN Cilantro too! Did you ever try the Bramble Berry Pineapple Cilantro? It's the only one I haven't tried and while I'm curious about it I haven't been curious enough to place an order for it.

I have oodles of the other Pineapple Cilantros I bought and I've been thinking about adding some Coconut Milk FO to them to see if I can soften the sharp bite of the smell a bit. The Yankme description is "A tropical treat ... fresh, island pineapple served with a citrus touch of cilantro and sweet coconut."

No I forgot to order a sample with my last purchase from BB, (I was focusing on Soaping supplies) here is the description:

Pineapple Cilantro:This glorious sweet fragrance is toned down beautifully by the addition of an unlikely herb: cilantro. Ripe pineapple juices are complemented with coconut shavings, bursting orange notes and sparkling cilantro. Warm vanilla and mists of musk complete this zesty aroma! This fragrance lasts extremely well in cold process soap and can be used as a straight pineapple; the cilantro note is very mild and subtle.

This one has Coconut...I like the BCN one with the added Cilantro that I blended into it. I think that BCN's Cilantro smells fresh and lovely. IMHO Once again just personal taste. Filmore has an Avocado & Cilantro...Ican't even imagine, but it is on my list now...LOL (since I'm a FO HO)...