Those with larger melters

Wish I know how to help you. The only time my wax got stuck in my meltor is when I turned it down too low then spout cooled. I was panicking then decided to turn it back up to the same temp I melt my wax at. Then after 15 minutes or so the spout worked just fine. So now I always keep it at the same temp I melt my wax at and no more spout probs.

My melters are on 24/7 and at the higest temperature before the water in it biols. Im dumbfounded:confused:

Have you always had this problem with the spout? If not could it be clogged with something other that wax or particles that were in the wax? I recall someone posting about how they used a pipe cleaner from time to time to clean out the spout.

This time of the year mine are on pretty much 24/7, I keep them at 150 and if I have to do a major pour the next day, I crank it up to 185-195 and never have issues. If I don't get my temp up pretty high, yea, they are stopped up and have to whip out the heat gun, but that's only because I get impatient.:rolleyes2

Hmmmm........ Did you say your spigots are brass? Mine are.

When I turn mine on to make candles all day I turn it up to at least 165 degrees, higher depending on the wax. If I don't keep it set at least to 165 or higher the wax cools and hardens in the spout.

Edited by Candybee

mines at 200 right now and still clogs grrrrrrrr!

I have a heated control so it's not a problem. I have heard of other chandlers having the same problem. Their solutions have varied from adding insulation to actually using a separately powered heat tape (from the hardware store) which is normally used to protect uninsulated water pipes from freezing.

Maybe a call to a local plumber may give you more possible solutions.