What makes a person a FOHO?

mzpickles

I am one and have been since I started making candles.My first candle I made was APPLE PIE.Very STROOOONG

If it sounds good I want it.If it is a seller for someone else I want it.If there is a sale I want what is on sale.So yes I am a FOHO. There are many other ways you can tell.

If you think you are a FOHO then you are one.

Oh and I have about 400 bottles of FO in my basement. Some have never been used/tried YET.

LynnS

You know you're a FOHO when your shelves and cabinets are full of FO bottles, you have assorted boxes of oils on the floor of seasonal scents, and a few bottles stuck away in other parts of your house in closets and yes the laundry room too... and all the time you are thinking.... I need this lime cumquat, and that vanilla peach fuzz, and that sandalwood lemongrass, and that cream cheese chess pie, and that.......

Ah crap... that means I'm one too. I'm over here trying to narrow down what scents I'm going to launch with and doing nothing but discovering more that I want. I have a cabinet (short thank God) of big bottles but 1 ouncers all over the place! :embarasse

where shall I post a picture of my face, THAT is a FOHO!!! I think you must have at least 300 fo's/eo's in a cabinet that is spilling over into 2 other cabinets! Plus you must order fo's when you don't need them just to sniff new things you MAY like. Then sell them off so that you can get more money to buy more fo's! There I think that spells it out don't you? :D

I am so glad I read this.....I thought perhaps I might be crazy. It looks like I am fitting right in. I think everything that has been said, I have done, with the exception of buying it because it made me laugh, that is not a bad thing, because some of the names have made me laugh and I did wonder if it might be something i would like.

So off I go to look at some more fo's!

OMG yes I have to add I buy them because of the cute names.I have about 6 like that.Reindeer Poo, Tomato Leaf just off the top of my head now.The people think it is cute too but they never buy them.

I thought what a novelty.Gotta haves. Customers don't think so. Just something funny, different and they like to talk about them. Say they smell great but never buy. People just want the basic scents. But we FOHO's gotta have it because of the name.That is CRAZY.LOL :D

It is a addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynnS

When I started making gel candles 7 years ago I bought FO from one supplier and could not understand how anybody could have more than 20 oils or so. But the suppliers I've come across in the last year...and in the last month, especially, I'm becoming one too! :drool:

Probably would have sooner had I not been away from candlemaking those few years. :D

I'm very FOHO inside, the only thing that prevent me from having more than 100 bottles is that I live overseas, so when I look at shipping cost I usually faint and the order won't go through.

Deep inside I WANT almost every scent I see on suppliers sites.:D

I've been making candles for over 3 years and don't even sell. I have hundreds of FO's and order more when I hear people rave about a scent, or if someone is having a sale. I have cute little boxes filled with samples that I sometimes will just take out and sniff if I have nothing better to do. Yep, I am a FOHO to the core! :yes: Hey, you only live once...