I need some opinions

What would your idea of what "success" would smell like to you. I'm thinking of calling a line "The smell of success" or the :smell of victory" and don't know if I should go really macho like masculine musk or just some off the wall uncommon scent like Mardi Gras or something light and green and uncommon like 4 leaf clover. I just don't want someone to pick it up and say oh that's cucumber melon!!!

Has anyone tried that "Money" smell from NG?

I guess I would be thinking liquid gold for smell of success and Amber is gold in color to me (mostly) but it should have other additives.

(Adding here ... patchouli is often found in connection with monetary gain or money, so you might think about something along that line too ... wouldn't necessarily have to be a straight patch.)

As for smell of victory (though you didn't ask) ... sweat ... maybe look at NG's Elf Sweat I guess. Haven't whiffed to know if it would be a good qualifier.

Edited by Scented

As for smell of victory (though you didn't ask) ... sweat ... maybe look at NG's Elf Sweat I guess. Haven't whiffed to know if it would be a good qualifier.

I can't answer the op's question but I can tell you that Elf Sweat smells mostly like 7-up. :tongue2:

Came back to this with a thought ... what about a patchouli and mint mix for the success? Kind of like ice to equate to diamonds?

Not sure what an Amber and mint mix would do, might be gross lol, but patch could tune down the blast of mint and might mellow it enough and still leave the "ice" behind.

Edited by Scented

ONe more addition here ... Black Amber from Lebermuth is absolutely to die for out of bottle (saying you love Amber scents lol) ... I think that one could relate to the smell of the chase ... ha ha, but I will say it's a most lovely scent, however, I have only an ounce and prefer to sniff it instead of test it. With that said, it's probably a devil to wick.

I am an amber lover...as well as patchouli, sandalwood....all those eastern exotic types. That reminds me I have a sandalwood/amber that is luscious....that might be justabout perfect. Might try a touch of mint to that and see what comes of it....thanks Scented.

Amber and French Vanilla are a KILLER combination but something that I think you'd likely find more feminine and soft then anything else. Some years ago a very big, popular incense company did it and I very nearly bought stock it in it was so wonderful. Oh... I completely forgot about that. Now I have a project!!! :drool:

As for success... it really does depend on where your thoughts are.

Does success equal money? Happiness? Contentment? Meeting of goals? Something job/career related? Something sports related?

I think having a good direction for this will give you a better idea of what types of scent profiles to look at.

Report back, would you? I don't have enough amber here to pair it with mint and see what happens. I do have a patch/amber blend and while it's a good whiffer, it might need a little more help to make it better.

I use Candle Soylutions Sandalwood & Amber and it's luscious. I'll have to try adding some mint (think I'll try spearmint) to see how it helps.

Might also try it with some peppermint, if you've got it, and a combo of the two just to see. I have them both in EOs, but I'm only looking at trying a patch-mint blend sometime in the future (and I might just use cornmint instead for that, dunno till I test them out.)

Sure curious how it will work out for you.