It feels like deja vu all over again

NewOrleansLady

I finally got in my soap mold. They shipped it to Harvey IL instead of Harvey La and wouldn't answer my calls ....luckily it was priority and I got a confirmation and knew where it was so the people @ the IL post office were nice enough to send it down. Since my other post about this company was deleted I won't mention their name but pm me if you want to know who not to order molds from.

It's been years since I've made m&P with a metal mold....and no instructions came with the damn thing. This is a tube mold...do I need to prime it with anything like Pam or will it just push out easily?

they who?

She said to pm her if you wanted to know who "they" are.:cool2:

I would bet you need to line it with something. Not sure. If it's for melt and pour maybe someone in the M&P section might have a better answer as you don't want to use that mold making cp soap as the lye would react badly in a metal mold.

Imagine that they finally called me yesterday on my cell phone. Was on the land line about my car (that's another $1900 headache) so couldn't answer it....do you think they could have left a message and ask me to call back....not a chance. So I called back to see who it was and it was them and she was very apologetic but trying to blame the postoffice. I told her no yaul addressed it with the wrong state and zipcode....weird but I have the box to prove it. She graceiously apologized again. I think asked her about the lining and she said no. Just regular m&p I shouldn't have to but if I feel better I can spray some Pam in it.

The only metal molds I have used for my M&P have been my old bread pans. I don't spray them with anything. They weren't made for soapmaking and they do take longer for unmolding than my regular plastic soap molds thou.

For my metal bread pan I let the soap set up at least 2-3 hours before unmolding. I still have to flip it over and pound the bottom of the mold with my fist to loosen the soap. Then it just drops out.

If you have trouble getting your soap out of your metal mold you can also put it in the freezer for a few minutes. But you should be okay using a metal mold made for M&P soapmaking.

For the most part molds that were made for M&P the soap just pops out when cooled. I know Candlewic sells those metal tubes for soapmaking for round loaves. I bet those just pop right out but haven't tried them. They do look nice thou. They have them in round, star-shaped, heart-shaped, diamond-shaped, and clover I think.

Edited by Candybee

This one is a yin-yang mold. I was going to do it today but the Gods are sending me warnings not to.

I poured a flat mold of fleur de lis (made the fleur a white and the background black) well I took 30 min. to clean up the white part so the fleur de lis' were just perfect. Poured the black background and about 3 min. after I realized I failed to scent the black. Oh well, the family will love the soap.

Then I wanted to make me some nice shea/cocoa butter body butter....put it in the microwave to melt doing it 1:00 at a time....well it's all nice and melted and I take it out and dumbass me used a plastic tuperware bowl instead of my normal glass one (cause I broke it last week) and as I pulled it out I realized it had a hole melted in the bottom and I had no towel in my hand so I had to run thru the dining room and thru the kitchen to the sink with this thing dripping quite profusely and quite hot onto my hand and the floor. Well, the stuff went down my already slow running drain (plumber scheduled to come tomorrow) and my 2 year old grandson is giggling because one of the dogs is trying to lick up the mixture on the floor. Horrible visions of doggie diarrhea filled my mind and I screamed at the dog which scared the baby which made him turn fast...step in the slippery stuff and fall...luckily on his padded bottom. So now I have a sink I can't let water run in to heat up cause it then just clogs and a floor that definately needs hot water/soap to clean. Part is wood part ceramic tile. I think I'll just put the dogs outside and go take a nap with the kids.

Didn't get the nap....didn't put one dog out soon enough and my nightmare came true!!!!

The kitchen drain is so bad now the dishwasher won't drain so I have a sink full of dishes from dinner and a dishwasher full of dishes that went thru a cycle but aren't clean. Thankfully I have the trap outside the kitchen window that he'll just snake out quickly (yes I've had this done every 2 years for the past 12 years.....by the trap it goes from 3" pipe down to 2" and it gets clogged there...or is it 2" to 3"????)

I figure today can only get better!!!!!

That sucks to have a clogged drain. I've been having probs with mine too so I know how crappy it feels to not be able to do dishes properly. I've had to resort to washing them in the bathroom. So I hope you can get that fixed soon.

Get some rest when you can. Then you can make some soap when you get a chance and tell us about it.