Business Name Change

LaVida

I am considering a name change. Has anyone done this before? I am not necessarily "branded" yet (although I've been in bus. for about 4-5 years) and my customer base will follow as well as me getting more customers... Has anyone thought about this?

I think about it all the time. I have also been selling for going on 5 yrs now. Part of the prob is my biz name is 2 names together and my customers keep calling me by the wrong name. I don't want to confuse my customers so I keep thinking of changing it. But changing my biz name is a decision that I can't seem to move forward on. I am just stuck in the process of deciding and thinking of what I really want to name it. :undecided

It's a hard decision to make! My company name is Green Tangerine and no matter how I do my labels everyone assumes the fragrance is green tangerine. I have had my company for over 5 years. I think I might confuse people and then having to change everything. Its hard to know!

Angela

You have a great branding presence. (I checked out your website.) Are you having a problem with the name "LaVida"? Does it confuse people?

If you want to try something new, you can always make up a new brand and still have the same company name. That way, it won't interfere with your current line. See how it goes.

You could do DBA (doing business as). On your labels you could place a "produced by LaVida Given by Nature, LLC" to avoid redoing invoices etc.

It's always fun to do new things.

It's a hard decision to make! My company name is Green Tangerine and no matter how I do my labels everyone assumes the fragrance is green tangerine. I have had my company for over 5 years. I think I might confuse people and then having to change everything. Its hard to know!

Angela

I had the same thing! Had a food name and everyone thought i only carried that one scent. My customers are happier and prefere the new name