No Color

Hi all

I am new to candle making and this forum thanks for having me.

My question is i have poured a batch of soy candles and added color which did not show but very lightly what should i do?

You might get more answers to your questions over in the soy section.

When I color my soy candles I use reddi-glo dye chips for brilliant colors everytime. If you are using liquid dye you may need 7-8 drops per lb to achieve some stronger colors.

I use a white plate and test droplets of colored wax on the white plate to see the color intensity. The droplets dry real fast so its easy to do while your wax is still molten in your pour pot. If its not enough color just try more color until you get the intensity or color mix you want. But be sure to write down your color recipes so you can duplicate it!

you really have to just test test test... I used the Redding Glo chips before I went no-color and some color formulas, I would use 1 chip PP.. some I would use 6! lol. Its all in testing. Too much color can cause frosting, and that wont show up right away.. it takes awhile to appear. Too much can also clog the wick (or so I've heard, havent had that happen yet). Soy is very hard to get bright, poppy colors in. But if color is what you want, you can achieve it. My advice would be to pour test samples for color, no wick or color, just work on getting the wax the color you want and keep notes on what your combo's were. That will solve the problem of having a finished candle thats perfect, except not the color you wanted.

My question is i have poured a batch of soy candles and added color which did not show but very lightly what should i do?

Welcome. When asking questions, it helps for us to know more details - what wax you are using (there are LOTS of brands of soy) and the kind/amount of dye you used. Photos are also very helpful!

Others have already made some keen observations. In general, because soy wax is opaque and white, it's difficult to achieve brilliant colors without promoting frosting. Posting & reading in the Veggie Wax forum will yield more replies specific to your interests. HTH :)