Mail Chimp for Free Newsletter

I used bravenet to send free newsletters to customers for years, but last year they started putting in all these "click me" advertisements in it, which really made it horrible for the customers.:mad:

I just found a free newsletter sender called Mail Chimp.

You get 500 free customers and 3000 free email a month.

If you don't have a large customer base, this would be perfect for you.

If you have more customers than 500, they do have paying programs which seem very affordable.

I started playing around with it yesterday.

It is real easy and looks very professional. (Much better than bravenet!!!)

Thought maybe some of you could benefit from it.. :cheesy2:

http://www.mailchimp.com/affiliates/?aid=4bdb06e86443581ee8f0919f5&afl=1

Edited by islandgirl

If you have a large mailing list be wary of Mail Chimp. They can be a great service if you don't get many people unsubscribing but if you have 3-4 people unsubscribe they will freeze your account pending an "internal investigation". This isn't just a one time thing either, each time you send a newsletter and get those unsubscribes, the account gets frozen.

Not a big deal if you send out monthly or fewer newsletters because they typically complete the investigations in 3 - 5 days.

Just wanted to give a heads up so no one freaks out if they sign up.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

I am sending my first newsletter out today.

Just imported all my contacts from Bravenet to Mail chimp.

Let's see what happens.

I should be ok..

I only like to send 1 month.

Anymore than that seems to annoy people and they will unsubscribe.

I know if I get tons of e-letters from people, I will unsubscribe.

I used bravenet to send free newsletters to customers for years, but last year they started putting in all these "click me" advertisements in it, which really made it horrible for the customers

Good to know that about Bravenet. I am looking at setting up a mailing list as well and Bravenet was one of the sites on my list to check.

Thanks!

Jenscandles,

Yep.. Bravenet put that "Click me" right in your newsletter so it looks like you put it there.

When your customer clicks on it, it will take you to one of those sites that won't let you close out easily...:mad:

Mailchimp - So far very easy.. I sent my first letter out today.

It gives me stats as to who opens it, click stats, who got bounced back, and is much easier to use and set up then bravenet. IMO..

For customers to subscribe to the newsletter - Mailchimp will give you the xode for a box to put on your site, or a link to a professional looking page that you design with you business logo and colors.

I chose the link.. I put my on button/banner/logo on my site that says click here to subscribe to my newsletter. Then it takes them to the subscription page you created..

They only ad they put on the newsletter is at the bottom of the page to let people know the newsletter was sent by Mail Chimp.

You get to choose which icon you want to use, and they are a cute little monkey icon!! LOL :cheesy2:

Check it out...

I am just nearing the end of my trial period with Constant Contact which I loved for creating newsletters etc, and tracking, but wasn't looking forward to having to pay $15 a month for it.

This looks like they offer everything that Constant Contant does and then some - for FREE!

I will definately check this out.

Thanks for the Info! :yay: