Labels for candles

arw1019

I need some suggestions for candle labels. I am going to make my own for now since I'm just starting out but buy labels later once established. I just want some kind of label to sort my candles from the rest. I was just trying to look at other peoples labels just for ideas and found really nice stuff. I want something classy. I went to istock photo, they have nice photo templates but I just want a nice, free, classy idea for now.

Creating a label can be an involved process. Depending how much time and effort you want to put into it... I would suggest looking at different company's labels and find out what look you like the best. Then, base your design from what you like. For example, look at the borders and fonts. Pictures are nice, but there are plenty of nice ways to make a label with out a picture of an apple or a lilac bush.

I like drawing programs personally (like Corel Draw). I find Word and other document program hard to use, but they may be easier now. I also use full size sheets of labels then cut them myself. It makes it easier to change. I have found that label making is an evolutionary process. My labels now look nothing like what I started with 5 years ago.

If you go to www.avery.com, you can download a host of templates available there at not cost, as well as their software that integrates into Microsoft Word (and probably Open Office's Write).

You can make awesome labels for many projects with that software, which is also free. I typically make return address labels for home use, and labels for a friend's Avon brochure with Avery.

There is a "no brainer" guide that prompts you to indicate with Avery product number you are using. Most other label brands will give you their Avery equivalent/compatibility number, so it takes all the guesswork out of "which label do I have and how does it fit into this list?"

There are several companies who supply blank labels by the sheet for printing product labels. These include not only standard "Avery" style labels, but others as well, in many colors, styles, & materials. Check out Labels By The Sheet, Online Labels, and Planet Labels for starters... Avery has great easy design software that's compatible or configurable with most labels.

For warning labels, nearly all online candlemaking suppliers carry great warning labels you can buy by the sheet, roll or metric ton! HTH :)

I started out with a Labelmaker program I purchased from Staples. It was $20 and had some good premade labels, fonts, templates, images, etc.

Then I went to Avery and downloaded their free DesignPro program. It has more options and you can edit your photos in it too so I started using that as my label program and continue to do my own labels with it until I start having them done professionally.

For labels I use labelsbythesheet.com for smaller amounts and onlinelabels.com for boxes of labels. They have labels for both inkjet and laser printers; in white, colored, photo, clear, gloss, kraft, foil, etc.

Labelsbythesheet.com and myownlabels.com have customized labels they will make for you. They are pretty nice and easy to order and design if you are label challenged.