excel testers

Glad to hear the foam is gone. You've been making candles twice as long as I have so you know what works. Your temp swing are nothing like the one here in Colorado makes it a PITA we are alot colder it could be 65 or 70 in the day and 30 or below at night and in the summer it's hotter it gets difficult to make candles to adapt to your own enviroment doesn't it. Still am looking forward to your pics.

Here is after 9th burn. I'm still burning the others, only so many hours in a day when you work full time.

Linda

post-11440-139458465211_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458465216_thumb.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my db cd3 that I thought would be way underwicked, looks good little tiny shroom, smells even better (tropical tuberose) overwicked :grin2:ya think. So I'm going to burn to the end. But think I'll try 2 cd2's later. Who would have thought this small of a wick?

Edited by soy327
pictures didn't show up

Thanks for sharing your results Soy !

I put in an order with my supplier the other day and knowing they had imported some excel asked for a sample, but didn't receive any - so I can only assume they are still in testing stages themselves :-)

Love the way you got the dark colours to work - I made a few darker colours the other day using CB135 = they set up nicely, but ended up with frosting on the 2nd day :-(

I would have posted a couple of pics to a new thread, but my battery is dead and don't have time to do it now.

So keep them coming, this is very informative ! :-)

The blue and red did frost after burning. The brown in post #38 1st pic is on it's 6th burn, status jar, it hasn't frosted yet. I'm surprised! Time will tell. It has the CD 18. Here it is. It still has a little hangup but looks good.:yay:

post-11440-13945846538_thumb.jpg

I haven't burned the C3 yet. This is excel. The CT is awesome, as far as the hot throw, I think its good too, with certain FO. The blue one (Ocean from peak) was better than the other 2. Cinnamon spice and everything nice is the red from C&S is better in palm I made tarts and votives with it. The Warm vanilla sugar is not real strong, but O.K. my next one is no/color the 2-cd3 in above picture (Staus jar) Tropical Tuberose from Peak is awesome. The overall look of the wax is also awesome. Need to downsize the DB wicks or try 1-CD18.

Linda

Kyme, I have to say I would, but Peak isn't going to carry it. So I'm still working with the 135. Why pay shipping when Peak is in your back yard.

So I am very impressed with excel but still thinking $$$ for shipping. I'm still testing and thinking, and working with the 135. At this point I can't smell anything anymore. I can tell you the tops are very nice like advanced the scent throw is there, and so is the jar adhesion but the frost unless you don't color, is a little, but still there. I used the reddi glow chips in it. The 135 frost too sooo. I need some time I still have 5lbs to test. I will keep you posted and I have a pic to share tomorrow, of the brown one it did melted off the hangup with the cd18 and looks very good, took it to work and could smell it there. Oh boy soy:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Linda

Hi Linda, your hard work in testing is much appreciated. My supplier will carry both CB135, which I currently use, and the new Excel so shipping cost wont be a factor in deciding if I want to change to Excel. {I havent looked at the price but assume its more expensive than 135}.

Just a couple of questions before I take the plunge.

You say the tops are like Advanced {now thats a good thing!} but how does it set up after each burn? As you know, 135 can get lumpy and wrinkly.

Have you noticed much difference in the way you have to wick it? or do both waxes, with the same combo of container, scent/dye/no dye etc wick much the same?

Wet spots? any improvement on 135?

Thanks again.

Hi Linda, your hard work in testing is much appreciated. My supplier will carry both CB135, which I currently use, and the new Excel so shipping cost wont be a factor in deciding if I want to change to Excel. {I havent looked at the price but assume its more expensive than 135}.

Just a couple of questions before I take the plunge.

You say the tops are like Advanced {now thats a good thing!} but how does it set up after each burn? As you know, 135 can get lumpy and wrinkly.

Have you noticed much difference in the way you have to wick it? or do both waxes, with the same combo of container, scent/dye/no dye etc wick much the same?

Wet spots? any improvement on 135?

Thanks again.

I have the same questions apart from using CB135 I use C3 and my supplier carry both So Linda after you spend all this time testing the CBXL

will you jump the Gun :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: to use it if you could

You people in the US must be very fortunate if you get samples from your suppliers. I've asked twice already for a sample of Xcel here and haven't received any at this point. I put in an order last night and asked again - we'll see if I get it this time :)

You people in the US must be very fortunate if you get samples from your suppliers. I've asked twice already for a sample of Xcel here and haven't received any at this point. I put in an order last night and asked again - we'll see if I get it this time :)

Nadiap Sorry to say I am not in the US I am in Canada and thank God I have 2 suppliers that have one each of the wax for about 15 minutes drive. But there's lot of things we don't have here and I mean Lots like the CDs and Reddi Glow and Palm wax.... Plaese don't get me started:laugh2:

This is after 3 more burns on the brown WVS from Peak. I took it to work to continue test burns when I took it in it was beautiful no frost. unfortunatly I left it over night and we turn the heat to 60 when we leave at night, came in the next morning ahhhh:eek:

So I guess you have to judge for yourself. To color or not to color that is the question. The tops are nice when they cool after burning. The CD wicks work great. The WVS HT was great at work, I had to be out of my house and away from other smells to get the HT.:laugh2:I want to make a non color in this jar and see what happens with wicking, this is a CD18 might also do a CD20. But the hangup did start to melt off and the jar wasn't too hot. Good thing!

At this point it's still to early for me to tell if I would change waxes.

post-11440-139458465858_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458465864_thumb.jpg

Edited by soy327

One of the girls in the office when I called them to inquire. I wanted to try it and had to order from another supplier. Said they were not going to carry it, they would be sticking with the advanced. Was I miss informed:confused::confused:

Linda

Hello!

First post here, been lurking. :cheesy2:

Excellent job on all the testing and updates!

We have just started our testing on the EcoSoya CB Excel. As we speak (or type) my partner is in the middle of our first pour.

We heated the wax up to 180 and then added add our dye drops.

We then stirred for 2 minutes and bought temp down to 175.

At 175 we added our FO and stirred for another 2 mins.

We then drop temp down to 160 and poured our first candle.

We then poured our next candle 5 degree's lower and continued till we had 6 candles all poured 5 degree's apart from 160 to 135.

9 oz of wax was poured into Libbey cube containers without any wicks.

The reason for no wicks is we want to test frosting and wet spots before we do our test burns. We only use wood wick and will most likely start with the the large size once we get frosting down to a minimum.

I will keep you updated on our progress and also have my partner chime in this thread (she has her own account on the forum). We can take pictures if you like once the candles cure.

- AutumnMeadow

Sherry, I think sticking with the C3 is a good idea, but it never hurt's to try something else. I am sticking with the 135 for now too, because I'm getting better results and new ideas on how to make it the best it can be. That can only help when I do venture out and try another wax now and then. You never know what's going to happen.:laugh2:Have fun and experiment.

Linda

One of the girls in the office when I called them to inquire. I wanted to try it and had to order from another supplier. Said they were not going to carry it, they would be sticking with the advanced. Was I miss informed:confused::confused:

Linda

I spoke with Denise last week and she said they were still testing it. I just contacted them again, and they confirmed they are still testing. Don't give up just yet! :)