4 more soaps & body frosting

TFCbrooke

My 4 soaps from today

Left to right

South Paw Beer - Patchouli - Vanilla Sandalwood - Pink Grapefruit & Lime EO

See the funky-ness on top of the Vanilla Sandalwood - like curdled milk. The only thing different for that one (compared to the patch and PG/L) is the FO and that it has vanilla stabilizer. ???

TFC225016.jpg

TFC225015.jpg

Body Frosting that I made Wednesday

TFC225014.jpg

I had a 100% castile do that to me w/no scent. It turned out ok though in the end. I know that overheating very well LOL. Very nice though :)

well it's in the crock pot rebatching right now.

I'm :rolleyes2 over it though because I cut into the soap to rebatch it - fully expecting a mess inside and it looked JUST FINE inside - I could have just shaved the top off and been fine - but NO - I had to cut into it like a maniac so it HAD to be rebatched.

:P stupid soap!

Wood molds can cause overheating, I use wood molds too and with some FO's (especially florals) I can get overheating. Best thing I can do with FO's I know overheat is set the molds somewhere very cool (like the laundry room with the window open) and not lid them. Other FO's and EO's are just fine with the lid on and never need a second thought!

I know what you mean about the rebatch thing though, I do that too. I'm nuts. if its not perfect, its gotta be fixed... LOL.

About Vanilla Stabilizer... I really dont think VS is actually meant for CP soap, is it? I mean, I have never read anything to support that it is, you know? It might work, but I dont think thats what it was ever made for, from what I can tell.

....Brambleberries says it is for M&P only, WSP's says it is for M&P (in both the video and product info...), and they have a browning neutralizer for lotions and scrubs. Essentials by Catalinas is for lotions and creams only...

so I guess I dont get where it was determined it was OK for CP soap... was that from soapers testing it in CP and seeing it worked, or from a supplier? I would love to know, because I want to use it.. but I also have not had sucess with it, and when I researched it thats what I found... so confused.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

Luminous - I got my VS from BC - it's made for CP

http://cart.candlesupply.com/product.php?productid=20326&cat=0&page=1

Candybee - I tried cutting them and they weren't quite ready - a little tacky still - I'll hopefully get cut pics by Monday. And let's see - the body frosting - some is unscented, Patchouli, BRV, and some Love Spell. Hmmm - I was thinking there is one more but I'm drawing a blank! LOL

Very very nice soap and body frosting.

If you make sure the VS is very well incorporated you should have no problems.

I add it to my warm oils , sb the heck out of it , sb some more , then add my FO and sb the heck out of it again.

Those soaps are great. I was told that their is only a Vanilla stabilizer for melt and pour but I had thought their was one for CP as well. What brand did you use? If it doesn't behave well in CP I don't think I want to try it.

Your body frosting looks divine also.

Those soaps are great. I was told that their is only a Vanilla stabilizer for melt and pour but I had thought their was one for CP as well. What brand did you use? If it doesn't behave well in CP I don't think I want to try it.

Your body frosting looks divine also.

it came from bitter creek and is specifically for CP (but CAN be used in M&P according to their site)

Looks great and I love the looks of the body frosting!!!!

I get my VS from BCN as well...never had a problem with it. I've also used WSP's Browning Neutralizer with no issues either. Some soaps still might turn a dark ivory (Pink Sugar from BC is one of them) but it's nothing horrible as if it didn't have the VS. I don't know what I'd do with out it!!!