Double-wicking a 26oz apothecary jar

There is no one answer for this question. Here is what I do.I put the tabs almost touching. As topps has told me put the wicks with the upside down v away from each other . I use CDN and HTP. Mostly CDN. I use 2 cdn 10 ,12, or 14 depending on the FO and color. I start testing with12. What I find because the jar is so large is this . it starts off strong .. slows down and I freak cause i think it will drown out then mid way they burn great again . As Stella has told me test until the end cause you never know HTH

Laura

You could also probably try a single CDN 22 or CDN 24 depending on the scent if you don't want to double wick. Personally I hate double wicking so avoid it like the plague. Having said that however I would also suggest starting with a CDN 12 if you are going to double wick that jar, and then adjust things from there.

DW'ing a container that size will also give you a more consistent burn without a torch for a wick than a single wick might give you.

If you have ECOs try DW'ing with 2 6's and go from there. Candle Science seems to have ECOs that burn more consisently than the ECOs I've purchased elsewhere.

Edited by Meridith

• 2 weeks later...
I understand turning the "v' in the wicks. but what is the purpose of putting the wick tabs up against each other?

Melody

I like them to be as far away from the glass edge as possible. I feel more comfortable with that .

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions with this. I went with 2 x CD12, and it's worked perfectly. The burn rate is good, perfect melt pool and fantastic hot throw. Thank you! :)

just wondering if you burnt that candle all they way down yet. I use a 24 oz jar with 415 and I see such changes through out the jar. sometimes it burn great others mushrooms and sometimes so small I am afraid it will die out. So many changes as it burns down.

Do you find that?

just wondering if you burnt that candle all they way down yet. I use a 24 oz jar with 415 and I see such changes through out the jar. sometimes it burn great others mushrooms and sometimes so small I am afraid it will die out. So many changes as it burns down.

Do you find that?

One layered jar with 2 scents performed beautifully; another, the flame was too small and I had to dig the wicks out during a power burn. That one had vanilla and cinnamon in the fragrance. I need to burn for 3-4 hours to see how it performs, see if I need to wick up.

Just sent a mail to a friend who's testing Pineapple Citrus to see how hers went; I'll let you know what I find out. :smiley2: