Candle & Soap Baskets

vberkesch

Just a quick question.

Those of you that offer Baskets at your craft sales or on your web sites - do your Baskets sell very well??

I just got back from another sale and it's the 2nd sale with hardly any(just 1) basket sales. They were appropriate for the season and everything(spring and Easter). The baskets were done up beautifully with many different variety of baskets offered.

What are your experiences?

Vanessa

I did really well at one show that was "flea market" themed by selling a "build your own" basket.

I put all the product out, put a green, red, blue, or white sticker.. and they got to pick items based on the color code..

like 2 blue, 2 green, 1 red, and 1 white for $35.00

It worked really well, and people seemed to like it. It was too frantic of a set up for my normal shows/markets... but I am considering doing "build a basket" this year too and simplifying it like "pick a lotion, scrub, or butter, two soaps, one fragrance, and one candle for....xx.xx"

I usually have a couple small ones with me($10-15 range) everywhere I set up but really only sell alot of bigger baskets ($20-40) at Christmas time. I do sell a few bigger ones at my consignment stores and the show I do just before Mother's Day because they are quick ways for Dad's to take care of picking something out with the kids that requires minimal effort on his part (I usually put them in my kraft shopping bags with tissue so he doesn't even have to wrap it - they usually love that!). Other than that, I have found that the lower priced ones are what sells. My best sellers are actually little metal buckets ($1 in the Target dollar section - stock up when I can find them) that I put a bar of soap, a small bath pouf (dollar store 8? pack ones) and 2 oz bottle of lotion in for $10 or the $15 ones that I add a 2 oz hand sanitizer and bigger pouf in (dollar store 2 pack size). Other than that, not many move for me.

Edited by mparadise

Last fall i did boxed gifts. Each had a melt warmer and tealights and they could choose 1 scent melt for $xx. They could add more melts if they wanted to. I tied a wide ribbon around the box. Attendance was low at the shows; but I sold quite a few. Especially they coffee cup warmers with coffee scent. Many needed "secret"gifts for christmas. They liked that it was already wrapped. I ordered plugin warmers from teh last co-op and the WSP baskets and am planning on making up baskets with them for upcoming shows (shrink wrapped).

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru

I did really well at one show that was "flea market" themed by selling a "build your own" basket.

I put all the product out, put a green, red, blue, or white sticker.. and they got to pick items based on the color code..

like 2 blue, 2 green, 1 red, and 1 white for $35.00

It worked really well, and people seemed to like it. It was too frantic of a set up for my normal shows/markets... but I am considering doing "build a basket" this year too and simplifying it like "pick a lotion, scrub, or butter, two soaps, one fragrance, and one candle for....xx.xx"

Thank you Luminous!!

Really love this idea.......I can see how people, especially crafty ladies would love to pick and choose, and make up their own basket!

Kinda like build-a-bear, but build-a-basket instead!

Vanessa