2nd try at Palm Pillar

Well here is my second try at making pillars with Palm wax. The first wasn't so good, but thanks to the posts here on the forum this time wasn't as bad.

This is two 2" pillars and some tarts with the excess wax using Crystal Palm.

The wicks aren't trimmed yet and still have some mold sealer suck to them. Does any one have an easy way to clean that off?

Steve

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

post-11820-139458463383_thumb.jpg

They look good to me. :yay:I have made only 2 myself. 2nd not so good. Did you do the wrecking job?

Are you talking about the mold sealer on the wick? If so I used a stickum 1st and put the sealer over that, on my 2nd one it worked great. The 1st had that gunk on the wick too.

Linda

I'm using a CSN 7 wick on the 2" Palm Pillars. It worked well for the Tortoise Shell Palm but I need to test this wax to be sure.

Yes I did the wrecking procedure though it wasn't as bad as the first time with the Tortoise Shell Palm

I'll try the stickum before the mold sealer trick. It sounds like it will work and so simple.

Thanks

Steve

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

A piece of metal ducting tape will do the job and is MUCH neater than mold sealer. It's available at hardware stores, Home Depot, etc. in the heating/air conditioning section. It is similar to grey duct tape but this is SHINY and metallic.

Click here & scroll down for a photo of the right stuff.

Those are GREAT lookin' candles, Steve!:yay::yay::yay:

Edited by Stella1952

That is an interesting crystal pattern you got there Steve. Sort of an interspersing of light and dark crystal patterns. Haven't seen that one before using crystal palm. Maybe it has to do with the candles being 2" diameter vs 3" or the temp of the mold. Don't know how you achieved it but I am loving it! Very cool!

May I ask where you got your crystal palm wax?

Edited by Candybee

I got it from CandleWic in a 5lb bag. They call this wax Crystallizing Votive/Pillar Palm Wax - Palm-2.

I like it pretty well but be aware you may need to pick out some dirty objects. Not enough to be concerned with but it is more than I have seen with the Candle Science palms.

I really like that I can buy a 5Lb bag. Enough to test and play without getting stuck with a lot if it doesn't work out.