Soy Pillars

I would like to start making soy pillars for my store. I already do the rustic pillars but would like a smooth classic look of a soy pillar. Could anyone recommend a good wax that isn't brittle, won't crack ect ect ect.

Tell me the results you get, how they burn, and what wicks work best for you, cost, and who carries the wax.

Not asking for much am I

Thanks so much for the help.

Edited by BeagleBaby

I would like to start making soy pillars for my store. I already do the rustic pillars but would like a smooth classic look of a soy pillar. Could anyone recommend a good wax that isn't brittle, won't crack ect ect ect.

Tell me the results you get, how they burn, and what wicks work best for you, cost, and who carries the wax.

Not asking for much am I

Thanks so much for the help.

You're best bet is to check out some local wax suppliers and see what kind of soy pillar waxes they offer. (Wax is expensive to ship and that doesn't include other items you need to make a candle.) Then decide which one you prefer. It takes a lot of work and practice to make a good soy candle and what works for one person won't necessarily work for you.

I use the Ecosoya waxes because I prefer them. But there are others that are just as nice and less expensive. I went to their website to read about their waxes and thats what helped me decide. Plus they have a lot of info on how to work with each wax for your application.

I am pleased with the scent throw I get from their pillar blend and use it for both pillars and votives. However, this wax like all soy waxes frosts and will crack if not handled correctly. Thats where researching and practice comes in.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried soy pillars & votives before and couldn't get them to burn right and they cracked something terriable.

Have you read the

Instructions for pouring EcoSoya PB at the NGI website? The instructions address several issues which contribute to cracking. I use a CD 5-6 (depending on FO used) with 1 oz. FO PP (not the MAXIMUM 12%!!) for standard 2 oz. votives. For pillars, the wick size varies with the pillar diameter/shape & FO used. I start with CDN 12 for 3" pillars and adjust up from there. Shorter pillars are easier to learn on, then make taller ones once you have the 3-4" high ones down. Mine seldom crack when I follow the directions. HTH :)