How To Make A White Flower More Interesting

TheWickedWick

I will be making a Magnolia/Gardenia flower for a special order and need some suggestions on how to make it look a little more special than just simply pouring white m&p into the mold and calling it a day. It's just the flower head..no leaves or stems. I thought of soap paints but do not especially like the look. I was thinking of adding some sparkle to the petal tips but do not know how to accomplish that. Would you brush mica powder on the tips with a paintbrush or would that just rub off? Not sure what to do but would like to make it look special.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

How about some smallish leaf green chunks in the soap with a yellow chunk in the center. Or you could toss some colored shavings into the mold.

If you want just a little texture you can use dried parsley or basil leaves for green flecks. I've used dried basil before and it looks nice and keeps its green color.

Edited by Candybee

i brush my cupcake soaps with mica and it looks wonderful, and it sticks really well.

I have a very detailed flower mold, if i dont want a solid color on the tips of the petals, i pour a color into the mold, let it set for about a minute then pour the excess out let it dry spray with alcohol then fill with my main color.

you can even try "painting" with melted soap, melt a small amount color it, then dab it into your mold with a paintbrush, spray it with alcohol then pour your main color

another technique is to pour the colored in a thin layer and then "scratch" out with a tooth pick desired lines or "veins" in the petal, spray with alcohol then pour your main color