For those of you that have tried CBXL

So far I would say that there is better HT than the advanced. I have only tried tealights and a couple votives so far. Will try candles tonight or tomorrow. Since I am still relatively new to candles I will leave the real judgment to others with more experience.

Jim R.

I will be testing this wax tonight. Dan sent some samples to us at BC to test and I will gladly post my results when I have them. I have a few scents that throw fantastic in Ez Soy and Eco 135 but would not do a thing in Advance. I plan to test a few of those for comparison. :)

Judy, you use the 135 Right? May I ask what you are finding with the HT, and Frosting. I am finding if I cure for 1 week probably longer The HT is better. It frost's bad so I hadn't been using color, and have tried the reddi-glow chips still a little frost on the tops.I'm Pouring at a lower temp.

What is it with NGI and frost or no HT?:confused:

Linda

Ok, I poured them last night. Here is what I have so far. :)

First candle was poured 1 oz pp Twigs & Berries with two chips per lb of wax. I used a CD 12 wick in all of them. After 12 hours I am getting some frost with this scent. I poured this candle right at 130*. The top was perfectly smooth and level. This scent did not throw at all for me in 135 or advance. The cold throw is out of this world. I can live with the frost, it's not near what it was with the 135 and not as minimal as it was with advance but a happy medium. This candle is adhered to the jar nicely still.

The second was made with 1 oz pp Honey Coco Mango, again CD 12 wicks but this time I used orange powder dye. After 12 hours it is pulling away from the jar but leaving weird residue behind. I poured this one at 150, the top is not quite a smooth as the one poured at 130 but I would not repour it or heat gun it, just sort of a nipple around the wick. I don't see any frost or other problems and again, fantastic cold throw. I have used this in 135 and it threw well but have not tested it in Advance.

The third I did was 1 oz pp Sandalwood Vanilla. Again this was made with a CD 12 but this time I poured at 140. I used brown dye block. The tops are perfectly smooth, no frost and it pulled away from the glass and did not leave any funky residue. Beautiful candle! Once again I am blown away by the cold throw! This one seemed to look the best visually. No frost, smooth top and it pulled way so no wet spots.

I am pretty impressed with the overall look of the candles. Smooth tops, nice color, the frost I did get wasn't horrid (at least not yet! :P) I liked that it could be poured warmer for sure!!!! The cold throw is mind blowing fantastic! I used all standard 8 oz smooth side jelly jars btw for my testing. Dan at Eco recommends 48 hour minimum cure to let the soy re-crystalize properly so I will wait to burn them but so far so good. I am impressed so far :)

I will update once they are burned with further results :)

Typing this at work where I have 1 customer that is lucky enough to be able to light the candles. Bird of Paradise from Peak in a 10oz multifaceted container is throwing very well. Distance is hard to judge due to the layout of the building, guessing about 70+ feet from his office. He is in a cubical room, high cubical walls with a door, so the scent has to leave through the door or over the cubicle wall. I am impressed with the HT so far. :smiley2:

Jim R.

Judy, you use the 135 Right? May I ask what you are finding with the HT, and Frosting. I am finding if I cure for 1 week probably longer The HT is better. It frost's bad so I hadn't been using color, ...

Linda

Linda - Sorry, couldn't get backwith you earlier. Been with hubby who is back in the hospital. Yes, I use 135 with no dye. If I do dye adding UV & CO seems to help eliminate the frosting. Cure time depends totally on the FO. Some take over a week but then I've found others that only need a 24-48 hr cure.

HTH - PM me if you want to compare notes. May take a while to get back with you. DH suppose to get out this evening or tomorrow am.