464, CD wick and Vanilla FO

OK, I'm finding out that Vanilla can be challenging, as I've read on here before. I'm using CS Very Vanilla, 9%, and the throw is awesome, and eventually the candle burns as clean as my others. But the wick mushrooms pretty badly, and it doesn't take long to do so. Is this "clogging"? Do I need to reduce the amount of fo? I'd hate to minimize the wonderful aroma, but who wants a top-heavy mushroom sitting there. :sad2: (I'm going to try adding some coconut oil to my next batch, but I assume this wouldn't do anything to help this problem...may make it worse?)

I don't use 464, but I find the throw I get in C3 using 1 oz/pp of Very Vanilla is awesome. 'Shrooms are made up of material that has not completely burned, You didn't say what size/shape container nor what size CD so part of the problem may lie there. Try backing off to 1 oz/pp and see how things go. :)

If your throw is awesome then coconut isn't necessary. Shrooms are just the nature of the beast known as vanilla. I just don't know any wick that doesn't get overwhelmed by fo formulations that have high concentrations of vanilla. Your customers could care less about shrooms. They just know it smells really good.

Thanks, guys. I'll try a little less fo in the next batch... It's really mainly the first couple of burns where the shroom is crazy; it's more normal as it goes, and the flame doesn't look like it's struggling any more. Stella, is this "clogging" from having too much fo, etc., or is clogging something else entirely?