clear gloss labels

jenscandles

I picked up a clear gloss label sample from onlinelabels.com not long ago for the one item that clear labels would be the best choice. My question is what is the best way to remove them from the sheet without leaving your fingerprints under the corner of the label? I've had to fight with a couple of these, just trying to get them off the page!

What do you guys do?

I do what grama does. Peel it off from a corner and place it on my jar. No fingerprints that way.

I can't imagine trying to peel off a label with my fingers taped.:confused:

That's what I was trying to do and ended up with a big nasty fingerprint in the corner. :mad:

I will try it again tonight, and keep the other ideas in mind just in case.

Thanks!

Try using an exacto knife. Slip the blade just slightly under the edge of the lablel and pinch with your finger on the opposite side and peel off. Continue holding the label in this manner and transfer the label to your container. Begin the transfer with the label end that is suspended and work your way towards the label end which you are holding with the blade and your finger. I hope this makes sense. Not so easy having to put this into words. This is what I do when placing labels and decals on models.

Try using an exacto knife. Slip the blade just slightly under the edge of the lablel and pinch with your finger on the opposite side and peel off. Continue holding the label in this manner and transfer the label to your container. Begin the transfer with the label end that is suspended and work your way towards the label end which you are holding with the blade and your finger. I hope this makes sense. Not so easy having to put this into words. This is what I do when placing labels and decals on models.

Makes perfect sense, thank you very much! :yay:

Jen, I know what you mean about the smudgy bit showing on the label where you tried to peel the label from the sheet. Even the tiniest bit of contact with fingers will leave a mark that bugs me.

Here's what I do now: Slightly bend {not crease} the edge of the label you want to remove and use your thumbnail to 'flick' the edge of the label up and away from the sheet slightly. You can do this without your finger skin coming into contact with sticky bit. I then use a pair of long, pointed tweezers {came from my first aid box I *think*} to grab the lifted bit of label and peel away. The label is easy to hold with the tweezers while you position it over where you want it to go.

Any tweezers would work but the pointy ended ones, have less contact with the labels and therefore less chance of leaving a mark.

I've eliminated most (not all) of my bubbles by just placing them VERY gently onto the jar, not pressing or rubbing, more like I let them land on the jar, if that makes sense. Then I just push the whole thing onto my leg (clothed, of course) with one motion, again no rubbing, and it sticks the whole label at once, with very minimal bubbles. Weird, I know, but it works for me! Mine are round, if that makes any difference.

I've eliminated most (not all) of my bubbles by just placing them VERY gently onto the jar, not pressing or rubbing, more like I let them land on the jar, if that makes sense. Then I just push the whole thing onto my leg (clothed, of course) with one motion, again no rubbing, and it sticks the whole label at once, with very minimal bubbles. Weird, I know, but it works for me! Mine are round, if that makes any difference.

LOL, we all have our own tricks. I have a bunch of those old fashioned (but new) white cloth dish towels they sell in bundles at wally world. They are cotton cloth, not terry, so no lint. They are great for wiping the smudges off jars, etc.

Kyme