Do You YAHOO?

Catlover

Just getting some opinions: I'm starting my candle-only business VERY slowly...I only have two sizes of jars and that's it for now (but they're awfully cute).

I've been looking at the Yahoo Small Business site, and they have options for web hosting, which appears to also allow a simple shopping cart. I don't want to go into the Ecommerce thing just yet--I'm not planning on internet sales being a really large thing right now--so does anyone use the Yahoo web hosting option with a shopping cart?

Everyone who knows I'm making candles asks about my website, so I need to get the thing up and running, but as of now I'm focusing on local sales...people still like to have a site to look at, and why not give them an option to go ahead and buy if they want?

Just trying to K.I.S.S. for the time being! :smiley2:

Thanks,

Terri

I used Yahoo for a few months for small business website several years ago and I had them as my domain registrar for a couple of years. I just recently switched over to a different domain registrar. Maybe I didn't know all my options, etc but I really didn't like Yahoo. Do not get me wrong, it is a great place to start but I couldn't add my own graphics and had to use one of their predesigned templates and just plug my text into it. I didn't like that but like I said maybe I didn't know all the features. That said I did make a few sales using yahoo. However, Yahoo does take a percentage of your sale when it is made and I believe they took additional money at the end of the month based on how much you sold. I do know they took a bit out each time I sold something. I didn't feel it was wort it cus they took out something and then paypal percentages, etc so I just switced over to Designer 218 where I was able to put my own graphics up and there are no per item fees to sell anything. But, then again, if you aren't selling a lot and want it more as a place for someone to view your product then this is a good place to start.

Sorry I couldn't help you more. As I said, this was just my experience with Yahoo and maybe I didn't know all that I could do with them and maybe their services may have changed in the 2 and a half years since I used them.

Edited by momtohaley2004

I'm very small myself and host my own website on a server at my house. I know most probably won't do this as an option, but I don't have to pay for hosting this way. As far as people being able to purchase online I use paypal. They provide the code that you cut and paste in to your own page and they can purchase via the paypal interface.

for me its very cost effective, but still allows me to sell online with little hassle.