Oh, great. Yet another wax to try.

Ecosoya CB Xcel. I don't know how long this has been out, but I just found it while surfing. From NGI's site:

EcoSoya® CB-XceLtm is 100% soy and molecularly blueprinted to control polymorphism. It has extreme resistance to bloom (white frosting) and “wet spots,” while producing an excellent scent throw with fragrances. It maintains an even burn pool with consistent color retention. CB-XceLtm requires one pour and new technology allows for top surface re-melting. CB-XceLtm has the highest melt point of all our container waxes, enabling shipment to all climates.

Has anyone tried it yet? I saw it on WSP as "coming soon". Don't know if there is another place that is already selling it. Dang, I don't need another wax to wonder about. :(

Naomi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some chandlers are constantly searching for the perfect wax formula and want to make the perfect candle. More power to you folks!

This new wax sounds interesting BUT I'm just not willing to go through the torture (not to mention the time and expense) of testing everything again.

I'm happy with what I'm using ~ it took me a long time to get into the rut I'm in ... :laugh2: :rolleyes2 :laugh2:

If anyone tries this wax pls let us know what you think! My supplier has stated that they wont be carrying it for another month yet. I love the burn of the advanced but could never get the HT I wanted. Im really excited to hear more about this wax :smiley2:

I hope that everyone pouring any kind of soy wax will read those instructions! The relationship between ambient air temperature, melting temp, pouring temp & cooling temp cannot be ignored if one wants the best results. A NatureWax rep made similar observations recently in another thread.

While we're all waiting for the latest thing to become available, it wouldn't hurt to practice with our old stuff and pay closer attention to the role temp plays in making pretty soy candles!