???how is melt&pour soap being made?

lilythedesigner

Why don't you start by reading the Melt and Pour forum here?

If you're asking how the base is made, it's a special recipe that most of us haven't discovered yet. A pretty common belief is that there's at least one "secret ingredient" that's not being revealed in the ingredient listings because formulas made with the listed ingredients simply don't melt down and set back up the way a quality base does.

• 3 weeks later...

M & P does not contain KOH. I know for a fact that the M & P base from Texas Natural Supply lists all ingredients and is all natural.

"Ingredients: Distilled Water, Denatured alcohol, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Sugar, Kosher vegetable glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide"

The secret isn't some hidden ingredient but rather the ratios and process of how it's made. I know this because I'm the manufacturer there. And no, I'm not revealing any secrets.

M & P does not contain KOH. I know for a fact that the M & P base from Texas Natural Supply lists all ingredients and is all natural.

"Ingredients: Distilled Water, Denatured alcohol, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Sugar, Kosher vegetable glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide"

The secret isn't some hidden ingredient but rather the ratios and process of how it's made. I know this because I'm the manufacturer there. And no, I'm not revealing any secrets.

I was going to say something to that affect... I have read the ingredients on M&P (although I dont work with it) and the ingredients arent tricky...its not like they can hide something and get away with it....so I just always assumed its the process and amounts that makes it so easy to melt, or... rebatch. Nice to hear that from a supplier. Again like I said I dont work with M&P but I've heard alot of bad things about it from customers and other soapers (like its not soap.. or its just as bad as drugtore stuff...) and I always have to correct them... its irritating at times because there are some really cool things you can do with it that you cant with CP!