WSP bath cookies...

TFCbrooke

HELP!

I made the recipe and followed it except I used regular salts and safflower oil instead of rice bran oil.

Well, when I first tried to ball them up they wouldn't stick (too dry and kept crumbling when I went to push them down). So I added a little more oil (per the directions).

They balled up and smooshed wonderfully. But now they won't dry. It's been 24 hours. they are still soft like real cookies. I've made bath bombs and such before so I know what they *should* feel like and they are NOTHING like that.

I even went to the extreme of sticking them in my food dehydrator...yeah, it's not helping.

So should I stick them all back in a bowl and add something?

If so, what do you recommend adding...more cornstarch? (I don't have any natrasorb or dryflo)

I thought this was going to be so easy and even posted to Judy, USMC that it would be. How frustrating for someone that's been making soaps and such for a long time that I can't get this simple thing right! LOL

I haven't even started! Boy you are quick!

Thought it may be good to post all the ingredients. Maybe someone can tell just by looking where the problem is.

3/4 Cup Crafter's Choice European Salts - Fine Grain

1 Cup Crafter's Choice Cornstarch

1/2 Cup Crafter's Choice Buttermilk Powder

3 oz Crafter's Choice Rice Bran Oil

2 oz Crafter's Choice Shea Butter - Refined

1 Cup Crafter's Choice Baking Soda

1/2 Cup Crafter's Choice Citric Acid

5 tsp Crafter's Choice Fragrance Oil

Edited by Judy, USMC

I should add that I almost quartered mine. I changed the quantities to %ages and made a 9oz portion. I used 0.3oz of Key Lime Pie FO.

I did go back after posting this and add some more cornstarch and then a tiny bit of water. It made them clump together much better but I don't know if they'll dry out any better.

But still need ideas for next time I try!

Well, I'm less than pleased with these. They looked wonderful and smelled awesome!

BUT...they never did get very hard...hard but crumbly I guess I should say.

Even more than that though...they sucked in the tub. Yes, they fizzed and did their thing, but other than the scent and the cloudy bath water, you would never know that I'd put anything in. The bath melts I make are wonderful and make my skin soft...not the bath cookies.

I'm going to play with the recipe some and maybe combine the bath melt and bath cookie recipe to come up with something in between. The look of the cookies is adorable but the skin softening properties of the melts are way better.

Oh, and here's a picture

December2009120.jpg

But if you skip the colored MP and put/pour a small melt there to harden, it may be more moisturizing.

Mebbe if I have time this weekend, I will whip up a batch to see if it will work.

OOps, sorry SYR. I misunderstood! :rolleyes2 I thought ... you thought ... that the colored part WAS a melt.

But if you skip the colored MP and put/pour a small melt there to harden, it may be more moisturizing.

Mebbe if I have time this weekend, I will whip up a batch to see if it will work.

That could help! I do find that the bath melts are sometimes a bit too much...when I just want a little something, putting some of that in the middle could give best of both worlds (cause I do find that the cookies are more scenting than the melts!)

GOOD IDEA!