my melt pool depth

Can anyone tell me if this melt pool is too deep? igi 6006 parasoy container blend-3" diameter container-3 hour burn test- MP was exactly 1/2" deep and the glass was 132 degrees. Does this seem decent or would you wick down some more?????

Thanks as always to all of you!

Edited by felixncharlie

yes it's a straight sided jar and when I recorded the temp the candle was burned 1/2 way already,meaning I poured 10 oz of wax and test burned it a few times already so probably 5 to 6 oz of wax are still available to burn. I am just starting to get into weighing and just wanted to work out this melt pool first. So 1/2 " would be too deep @ 3 hour test?

If your melt pool is too deep I recommend a larger wick or double wicking.

Did you really mean larger?

If it's melting to that deep of a pool wouldn't you go smaller? I do paraffin and soy - but separately. In either of them I would be wicking down not up. But then again I don't use parasoy .....:confused:

yes I think she would mean wick down or at least that's the direction I am thinking of going. I am shooting for 1/4" melt pool after 3 hours at least thats what I hear is a good depth-anyone can comment on that???? Even though the glass is a tiny bit over 3" I may try to double wick with two teeny wicks just to see the difference in the total burn and melt pool.