GB464 for pillars

Please tell me I can use GB464 to make pillars from eamless molds. I just bought 150 lbs thinking I could. Hopefully I did not throw away my money..lol

Please let me know, if not can I blend it with something else to be able to use to make some pillar candles.

Thanks,

Lu

Sorry to tell you this, but 464 is container wax. It is totally unsuitable for pillars on it's own. There may be a way to use additives to make pillars, but it would definitely take ALOT of time and testing. I would suggest that you contact your supplier and see what they can tell you.

As Nancy said, the 464 is a container wax only. I dont believe that there would be any additives that you could put into it that would make it hard enough to use for a pillar wax.

You need to contact your supplier to see whether they may be able to exchange it for a pillar wax, and if they wont, your only other option would be to try selling it.

I would not even try experimenting with it as you will become extremely frustrated, bot to mention wasting loads of money in the process.

Oops. Gotta read before ordering quantities!! Mixing with palm wax, beeswax or stearic acid might make a formula that stands up to the requirements of a pillar wax, but you'd have to be willing to invest more time & money into additives & testing. Calling your supplier and trying to arrange a return is your most economical bet if you do not want to use it for containers. You could always make containers and experiment along the way while making money from the containers. If you do not have experience in making container candles, however, you are dead in the water because it takes time, testing and experience to make reliable products worth selling to the general public.

IDK, that wax is pretty easy to work with. Apart from frosting, it seems pretty easy to come up with a reliably burning small jar. A few weeks and a dozen candles I'd think would be enough to come up with something. 3 wick sizes have all worked well. But, how to actually market them is another matter. More work than making the candles...

IDK, that wax is pretty easy to work with.

Sure, maybe for making container candles, which is what it's formulated for, but not for pillars.

Put it in a hurricane shell?

Not a good idea for the same reasons as it's not a good choice for pillars. The properties needed for a hurricane would require it to contract from the mold, be pretty hard and have a relatively high melt point. It isn't formulated to do any of those things. ;)

The properties needed for a hurricane would require it to contract from the mold, be pretty hard and have a relatively high melt point. It isn't formulated to do any of those things. ;)

Stella, I think she meant get a high temp hurricane shell and pour the container wax in the shell... not make a hurricane out of it. Wicking might get a little tricky.