Earthy, loamy, dark, forest floor scent?

Darbla

I'm looking for the darkest earthy, deep green, dirt, moss and fern covered, cool, damp, forest floor type of scent you can imagine. Something that would make you feel you were lost in a fairy tale black forest. If I can't find something like this I may try mixing a bunch of spruce, pine, cypress, sapmoss, patchouli, clover, and whatever I have in my stash to come up with something that is deep, dark, green and loamy.

Preferably skin safe, but if not I'll be happy anyway to have it for room scent.

Edited by Darbla

Hmmmmm....how about a mixture of several of these? 'Gaia' + 'Merlin's Forest' or pine + something ozoney for coolness..... I don't want a single note dirt scent; trying for something that will encompass a lot of the scents you'd detect in a forest.

• 3 years later...

Cedarwood and Cucumber + Dirt (any type) + Rosemary = good cool foresty scent.

If using Gaia try adding a little Orris either in the EO or FO. It imparts a musty dry violet smell that enhances it nicely. Lastly, for a damp forest smell try adding a little of SOS's new Mushroom to Oakmoss. It's awesome. Smells just like shittake alcohol and has a unique distinction of smelling cold, slightly metallic and very pungent earthy. a little goes a long way.

Edited by rctfavr3

Cedarwood and Cucumber + Dirt (any type) + Rosemary = good cool foresty scent.

If using Gaia try adding a little Orris either in the EO or FO. It imparts a musty dry violet smell that enhances it nicely. Lastly, for a damp forest smell try adding a little of SOS's new Mushroom to Oakmoss. It's awesome. Smells just like shittake alcohol and has a unique distinction of smelling cold, slightly metallic and very pungent earthy. a little goes a long way.

You are amazing with your descriptions and knowledge of mixing oils!:grin2: