So what did I do wrong ladies?

Xraytech70

Ok...made a batch of CP soap. Ran the oils through soapcalc. Recipe called for 15 oz of H2O, soapcalc said 19 oz. The recipe also called for 3 oz of pumpkin puree. Would this account for the difference? Anyway, made the soap and while I was separating into two bowls (for swirling) at light trace, I added my mica to one bowl and by the time I was done mixing it in, it was thicker than pudding! I added the fragrance oil and beat it in until it looked all mixed up. Slopped the colored batch with FO on the bottom of mold and then the light color on the top and attempted to swirl as much as humanly possible under those conditions. I checked the mold after about an hour and it looked like the FO floated up to the top. Do I need to rebatch or will it all absorb or something? I don't know if I need to pitch the whole thing or what. The soaps are firm, but not really hard after cutting.

I have to laugh...I didn't subtract the pumpkin puree from the H2O. I think the whole thing was just too cool and that's why it got thick so quick and my FO just didn't mix in properly. So, I've rebatched half of it just to see what would happen. The funny thing is, when it was in bar form it was really pretty, like pumpkin pie with cheesecake on top. After rebatch and it all got smooshed up, I put it in a Pringles can and smashed it down. When I sliced it, it looks like slabs of sausage or liverwurst or something. :laugh2: It's BUTT UGLY!! But, it does smell nice and the oil is now incorporated. When I rebatch the other half, I think I'll lighten up some of it with a little titanium dioxide and try to layer it a bit again or maybe darken it with more mica and try to swirl a bit...we'll see lol

But, but, but ... there are some pumpkin fragrances that just don't soap too. I'm sure you may have checked that the one you used was, right? The first time I tried a pumpkin soap it separated on me and would not, regardless of the amount of prayers or cuss words I uttered, turn into soap.

Yes, I checked the scent that I used. Not a biggie...the oils didn't cost a fortune and it was a good learning experience. I should post a pic of the "sausage" soap because it's hilarious. I've never seen anything that I want to bathe with LESS even if the smell is great...:cheesy2:

Due to space constraints at my humble abode, I dumped the sausage soap and only saved one piece...just to see what happens to it. My stepdaughter thinks it's the greatest piece of soap ever! She's 13, her mind is warped...I told her I'd sent it to her for her birthday.:rolleyes2