Need new ideas...

barncat

Votives, plain pillars,tapers?,dipped things? unique shaped tarts, gift packs for valentines day, mothers day. Different scents or packaging for Spring/summer?

We're having success with selling candle accessories - rusty tin plates etc.

Edited by Desertrose

YEAH I'VE GOT WICKESS, VOTIVE , TAPERS ALREADY AND PILLARS NEVR DID ANYTHING FOR ME SO I DROPPED THEM 2 YEARS AGO. I LIKE THE PACKAGING IDEA AND THINKING MAKING COMBOS OF CANDLES AND POTPOURRI. I'M AT THE POINT WHERE I THINK I CANT ADD ANYTHING MORE....BUT THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING:undecided

I used to make these silly things that were sort of like closet deodorizers.

For my part I just mangled a coat hanger and wrapped it in cloth that was soaked in scented wax. Made a ball out of it, covered it with a colored fishnet/mesh type material. Can't remember what it's called. Then I tied it together with a ribbon.

Ya hang the silly thing in the closet. It smells really good, keeps the closet fresh. Every couple of months, you hit it with a hair dryer and it's good as new.

Never got around to making them to sell but a few people I gave them to seemed to love them.

How about some potpourri? Lots of blends you can make on your own or buy preblended. I've seen some adorable ones with wax tarts mixed in and packaged in cute cello bags or bakery bags. One seller I saw at a craft show mixed up a beautiful batch of potpourri with cinnamon, orange peel, etc and put in a large tin tub with a scooper for customers to bag their own. People went crazy over it and you could smell it when you walked by their booth.

The tarts I was talking about were prim crows and hearts. You toss some into a batch of country spice blend potpourri. Or just do some country spice blend potpourri without the tarts. Either would do nicely in a country primitive store. (But the tarts looked adorable)

The crafter had them in one of those rustic old washtubs that people use for planters. If you do it that way you need a big batch of potpourri. But it sure did attract a lot of customers. No one could walk by without sniffing it.