gb 415 vs C-3

Ive tried both of these waxes now and to me they seem very similar. The CT with the 415 seemed a little stronger while the HT seemed about equal. The C-3 seems to look a little better to me, I like the consistency.

Between these two waxes, which do you prefer and why?

I really like the 415 and got excellent CT & HT with all my candles. I, however chose C3 for the following reasons: Makes a nice smooth, creamy looking candle at all times and you very rarely see the cottage cheesy look that sometimes comes with 415, most fragrances work well in C3, there is a less frosting, you don't have to pour at such low temps, thus having more time to produce more candles. I will also mention that if you were to work in a very hot environment, it would be difficult for the 415 to set up due to the low pour temp. I will mention that is my own personal opinions and may not be that of others:smiley2:

The difference between those two is basically additives versus no additives.

The C-3 is a pre-blend with additives already in it. That makes it more resistant to frost and rough tops, a little more stable over time, and better for people who would prefer to pour the wax hot.

The GB 415 is just plain soy flakes. It might not look as good when you pour it, or after it's burned, or when the candle has been sitting around a while. It works best if you pour it when it's cool and getting slushy, and might generally take a little more practice to get pretty results. Some people think the plain soy throws a little bit better.

If you want to, you can make GB 415 work more like C-3 by using it with additives. Some Universal Soy Additive should be the best bet. That will generally improve its looks, but you should try different amounts to see the effect on the burn and scent throw. Depends on whether you like the mad scientist stuff or just want to buy something and use it.

Edited by topofmurrayhill