lumpy M&P?

corinne47

I was trying to make soap crayons tonight, had my soap all measured to microwave. And I melted it using 30 second intervals, and it would get to the right consistency, but after just a few seconds of being out of the microwave it would go lumpy again? I reheated, but it was hard keeping it not lumpy going into the molds. Could the soap be old and that's why its doing this? I had to reheat this M&P like 4 times just to pour into 4- 2oz molds. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Sheri

I've used old M&P before and not had it get lumpy on me like that. Was it cool in your home while you were working and that might've been cooling your M&P faster then usual? Also, have you checked your microwave with something else to see if maybe the microwave is dying on you?

Thank you for the responses. I'm thinking that maybe my place was on the cool side when doing this, because the batches I have done after this have been fine. I was just wondering if maybe it had gone out of date or something like that.

The presto pot, I have one that I use for wax, but I think I will now get one for this. Thank you all again. :)