POP colors and CP soap?????

tootie04

OK got my POP colors from Dirtybird's co-op and now I need to know HOW to use them....they are the powdered colors...do you just sprinkle into raw soap till you get the color you want or do you mix in carrier oils?? HELP....please....

Once I add my lye to my oils and it hits light trace, I pull off some of the mix and add the colorant to that which I either swirl in or add to the whole batch to color. I use to use glycerine as a dispersant but I've found I can add the colorant directly to the raw soap and mix it in real good.

I mix mine with oil that has been reserved from the batch.

I don't know about yall but when I gel the colors come out dull and flat, if don't gel the come out bright and POP (get it):laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

So when using POP colors I do not gel

Gel doesn't dull my colors when using POPs.

well I got to use the Apple green today....I pulled out some raw soap and mixed in the green and then poured the rest of the soap in the mold...did one of my BEST swirls so far....and while i was standing back admiring it I realized....I FORGOT the FO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked2:

so I dump the soap back in the bucket and dump in the FO and stick blended it and it is a pretty green...I added more color too...but no swirlies this time!:sad2:

OK I didnt forget the FO this time...Tangerine Lavender (MC) and did a two color swirl...orange and purple POP colors...I will take a pic...if I can find the camera...:tiptoe:

I hope yours does better than mine when I soaped that scent. It completely faded on me. :sad2:

Well thats just GREAT....that would be my stupid luck:angry2:....how long did it take for the scent to disappear??

NG's Bay Rum did that to me this week....I crockpot HP it and I can barely smell it...that is why I LOVE TSW even though they are high...you cant go wrong with those FO's with soap.

Well thats just GREAT....that would be my stupid luck:angry2:....how long did it take for the scent to disappear??

NG's Bay Rum did that to me this week....I crockpot HP it and I can barely smell it...that is why I LOVE TSW even though they are high...you cant go wrong with those FO's with soap.

I don't recall the exact length of time but I do remember it was not that long. If you crockpot HP it, you might get it to stick.

I also made mine the grape and orange POP colors. Love my POP colors.

OK got my POP colors from Dirtybird's co-op and now I need to know HOW to use them....they are the powdered colors...do you just sprinkle into raw soap till you get the color you want or do you mix in carrier oils?? HELP....please....

:confused: This subject is new to me, I am fairly new to this forum. Could you please inform me about Dirtybird's co-op.

Thank you,

EMP