Packaging votives

Hope I can post this question here :-)

Just wondering how you all package votives. I was packing 2 into a nice clear box, but having to ship them out makes it rather awkward.

I'm thinking of 'shrink wrapping' them individually, but all I know about this is that you can use a heatgun on the plastic - or is that for soap?? <lol>

All I can see is a gooy mess if I use a heat gun on some thin plastic wrap.

How do you guys go about it?

We had similar issues, although we were only taking to markets. We didnt want to shrink wrap as pretty much everything on our stall is either glass or recycled cardboard. We ended up cutting votives from out range for a while, and have only just now put them back on, but we display them unwrappped and just put them in a small bag if people choose to buy.

Maybe you can find some small cardboard boxes and the right price that would hold 2 - 4 votives and send tham out that way.

Packaging seems to always pose the most difficult challenge along with labels of course.

Good luck with finding the right solution for you.

Thanks Richard,

The shrink wrapping was more or less for storage too - and it is a bit of a nuisance - but I'll figure it out. Even wrapped in tissue paper would work.

As for labels, that's one of the reasons why I haven't proceeded too far with my jar candles. I'm actually testing 2 right now and I think I got them down pat :-D but the headache is going to be how to label them.

I'd love to be able to place a 'clear' label on the front, so that only the company name and the fragrance type show on the clear glass, but have yet to find something that works as well as I like (and not pour money down the drain at the same time).

Can I ask where you get your labels from??? I've finding nothing locally - unless I go to a local print shop and they want to charge and arm and a leg !!

I found some cardboard boxes at a local box store that fit a dozen perfectly. But had to buy 250 at a time.

At one point I had shrink wrapped them and then later found out it was the kind that suck the scent out so went back and undid all that work. Not only did it suck the scent but the color as well.

Years ago I had found some tubes I think from BCN that held 6 or so. They were great this time of year to sell as teacher gifts and you could also put bath salts in them.

We use the craft labels and buy them from Labels By The Sheet It actually works out cheaper for us to bring these in from the US as opposed to buying locally, not to mention that I cant find craft labels anywhere in Australia anyway.

HTH

Thanks Richard,

I'll check out the site and see how I go - too late for Christmas but have other plans for the New Year, so the labels will come in handy then :-)

I found some cardboard boxes at a local box store that fit a dozen perfectly. But had to buy 250 at a time.

At one point I had shrink wrapped them and then later found out it was the kind that suck the scent out so went back and undid all that work. Not only did it suck the scent but the color as well.

Years ago I had found some tubes I think from BCN that held 6 or so. They were great this time of year to sell as teacher gifts and you could also put bath salts in them.

Thanks for the tips about the shrink wrapping - I've decided against that now :-)

I'll certainly try for an alternate method - though at this point I'm not making too many of them anyways - so it's not a huge drama.