Problem with Kraft label

pixie

Ive noticed that the labels I printed out on my kraft paper from onlinelabels gets "scuffed" up easily. Meaning it doesnt take much for the little specs of black ink to come off the label. Ive noticed this doesnt happen with other paper stock, just the kraft paper. Is there something I can spay on the labels to avoid this? I use a laser printer.

Im only giving some of my candles to my dad and mil for christmas so the labels dont have to be perfect but it does kinda bug me :)

Thanks

Have you used the kraft labels from there before with no problem. If so, then contact online labels about this. There may be a problem with the product. I ordered from them and the first batch was fine. Did a reorder and they kept getting stuck in my printer. I found if I trimmed the edges slightly then they were fine. I told them about it by email and they said it's a rare problem that happens when the roll shifts slightly when being cut to 8 and 1/2 by 11. So, they said they looked up the series number for my product and were pulling the remainder of product so it wouldn't happen again. They also offered to refund my money or send out new product to test. I got notificatin yesterday that they are sending me some sheets to try at no cost to me. Not saying that the labels are the problem but you may write and ask if the raw materials or something have changed.

it doesnt take much for the little specs of black ink to come off the label

If you are using a laser printer, it may not be heating quite enough. There is a wire in them that glows and becomes dirty after a while that may need cleaning. Some printers are worse about the toner flaking than are others... I have a Brother el cheapo laser printer and it flakes a LOT! I prefer my inkjet! I think that a rough textured paper would have a bigger problem with this than a normal bond paper because the irregular surface is harder for the toner to bond to. An inkjet might work better for Kraft paper.