Christmas Tree Jar

I got the Christmas Tree jar from Candles and Supplies. I like it but need to see what a bear it will be to wick. The lid is the top part(point) of the jar. I poured the candle last night.Now trying to figure what to do with the point.It says you can make a second candle. I guess you could but you would have to somehow figure out what to put the lid in.I tried but cannot get it to go back into the jar. Woudn't be safe. Thought about just filling it with wax but do nothing with it,just looks when you display the candle.Could leave it without anything(kinda blah) ??? But my other thought was maybe scented potpourri(green).Decisions, decisions. I like it and wanted something for Christmas but now don't know what to do with it. One of my customers just uses holiday candles for decoration.She did that with my pumpkin jar. But some might burn it.

Now that i have that out of the way.I want some ideas on color.ALL green since it is a Christmas Tree??? Should I stick with just green scents or go with some like snowflake but GREEN.

What would some of you do??? I am putting this off since I am confused now.These jars aren't cheap.

Anyone make this candle???? Or just passing it for wicking problems and now my decisions on what to do ????

LynnS

Hope I don't confuse all of you like the way I am confused LOL

What did you wick it with? Sounds like a cool experiment. Just play with it there is always going to be another christmas and you've already paid for the jars. If the pressures off you might get a brain storm.

My best concoctions come when I sleep on it. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

I bet you will also here some ideas here on the forum.:yay:

Happy Holidays,

Linda

I love novelty shaped glass containers, but I personally wouldn't make them to sell because of the difficulty in wicking that particular shape. I'd probably put a votive in a glass in it and call it a day! :) I like those better filled with candy, tiny glass Christmas balls or nuts!!

Why not make a few tests and see how YOU feel about them before making any kind of decision about having a seasonal line of 'em?

As for wicking, if you could share some dimensions - height (without the lid, of course!), diameter at the bottom and top, etc., it would make it easier to suggest wicking... A lot of containers are shaped roughly like that, so it isn't impossible... You may have to compromise on the side of underwicking, but give it a try first! Ya might get lucky!

As for putting something in the top... the wax idea is compelling but once the candle is burned, there'll be a clear space anyway, so...

What wax are you using? Palm container wax (Glass Glow, etc.) sure would be pretty and sparkly... I think doing it with that even without any color would be very showy! Good luck! :)

Some good suggestions.I kinda got tired of deciding what to put on top but burning it now.I have to check the wicking problem I PROBABLY will have.

I don't usually do specialty candles but the star and heart burn good for me. I have them on my site.

The lady requested I THOUGHT for Christmas candles(Scents I thought) but it was my Santa Claus jar. I'd rather tackle the Christmas Tree.I think the Santa jar is either 18 oz or 24 oz. That is alot of wax. My pumpkin jar she didn't burn so maybe she wants it for just looks and some scent. You know you hate to keep pumping and asking "what are you going to do with it".I thought she burned the pumpkin jars and asked her how it smelled but it was for decoration.She put them in windows.

She has a big mansion type OLD house and does different things.The house takes up 1/2 a block in a historical area.

She is a good customer so I aim to please.

LynnS

I have been burning the Christmas Tree Jar for almost 10 hours.2 burn times.It is doing nicely so far. Better than I expected.A full melt pool even getting toward the wider area. Get past that I believe it will work unless at the very bottom. I am hopeful. Then I will decide what goes in the lid. If I ever put it on my site there would be a few options for that.

I am using 444 soy with a large cotton wick.Size is 62-52-18.Doing good so far.:yay:

Palm sounds pretty but have no idea where to get it and cost would be a factor too.

So for those who are afraid to try go for it. Just looking I thought it would never happen. :shocked2:

LynnS

I'll check to see if Wal Mart has some molds.Around Christmas they have holiday ones.

Another idea I have was rose petals.I have quite a few of those.They are the smaller ones. Scent them the same FO as the candle. Either red, white or green colored.Yellow too for a star effect.

My husband has surgery on Monday at the hospital where this lady works. I might call her and tell her I have some ideas.Working on my Santa Jar next.I paint the face with perm markers (if I remember) but the color can still come off. She brought about all my Pumpkin Jars. I only make 5-10 each year. She got 7 this year.

LynnS

Palm sounds pretty but have no idea where to get it

CandleScience, CandleWic, Peak's are only 3 of the many suppliers who carry palm waxes. Check around for a supplier close to you to save on shipping. It is slightly more expensive than soy. HTH :)

I paint the face with perm markers (if I remember) but the color can still come off

There are special markers/paints especially for glass which work mo' better than do Sharpie-type permanent markers. I found this discussion with product recommendations from the Michael's discussion forums. :)

Down to the last of the Christmas Tree jar. Only about the last 3 inches left with some wax on the sides.Honestly I thought it would be much worse than this.Burns clean almost to the very end. I think it would work and no one would care about that little bit of hang up.

I am sure this is a bit late for my site but maybe local with the one customer. My husband puts things on my site but not doing that great after his surgery on his blocked leg arteries. Might be going to hospital tonight or tomorrow so nothing on my site this year. I dont care what I start,something seems to happen. :sad2:

Going with tarts, wax or rose petals with the lid. To plain with nothing.Will work with that after things settle down.

LynnS

I will try to get my husband to.I need to learn how to post pics or I would do it all the time.

I forget where I got these petals but think it was the Flower Factory.We have one about 25 miles from us.They are small and dainty and would fit in the lid.Cute but not for soap petals IMO.

Not going to make this on my site this year and if nothing goes wrong next year I will. I might give people a option of which they want. Rose petals wax or tarts( but first have to find a very small mold for that).

I need to find a way to keep the petals etc from falling out of the lid when the person burns the candle. After the petals are scented and maybe waxed it will be easier for them to stay put. Tarts and wax should be no problem.

Trust me I am not creative like most of you.

LynnS