can you repair metel pour pots?

I eventually bought me two metal pour pots, they may be aluminum? The handle fell off one so I jbweld(ed) it back on. Now they must have hairline cracks because when I pour hot wax in them they ooze wax, tiny amount but enough to make it slimey and slippery. I put water in them to try to find the cracks, but NO water leaked out. Hot wax, starts leaking again! Is this repairable? I loved them. Now I am using a Pampered chef large batter bowl, which I love even more, now. But would like to put my pouring pots back to use.

Any suggestions on fixing them or are they goners?

Scrap them, I'd say. They only cost about $4 each.

Most likely the reason you can't find the leaks with water is that the wax is filling the cracks. Unless you use water that is hot enough to melt the wax out of the cracks, it will seal them. Try pouring boiling water into them to melt the wax. Then use some warm water with red food coloring, so you can see exactly where the water is coming out. Plain water will be virtually invisible on the side of the pot.

For the warm water you might run some water through your coffee maker. It will probably be hot enough to melt wax, without being hot enough to get you burned.find the crack and mark the area, then you could probably use JB Weld or silicone to seal the leaks.

Trouble is that whatever you buy to seal the cracks will probably cost as much or more than a new pot and it's hard to say how long the repair will last.

well $8-$10 is stll a good price, i can't get them for that at my supplier. I did what ya said and found they were leaking around the handles. So I put this sealer adhesive stuff, for bonding metal and plastic, around them. Well see if that works. Thanks for the tips! You would laugh if you saw how buggered up these pots are but I love them...lol

The handles are riveted in. The rivets have gotten loose. A little JB Weld or Liquid steel around the rivets on the inside will probably work if your present solution doesn't.

Keep an eye on them. The rivets will eventually tear out completly. Probably when you have 4 pounds of hot wax in the pots.

You know I think CandleWic has a deal on pouring pots every now and then where they are like 4 bucks each with a 75.00 purchase or something like that. That what you were thinking about Dust or just full of shit like you said. lol

Could be either one... flip a coin. LOL

I could have sworn I'd seen them for $4 somewhere but I've been out of the loop for a while. I checked several different places while we were discussing this. Most were selling them in the $8 range.

Darn! the handle did rip completely off of one of them! and I stopped the leaking around the handle of the other one, but there is still some leaking somewhere! Its so slight that no dribble comes out, but it oozes enough that the pan is greasy and leaves residue where ever I set it. I think I am going to coat the whole bottom on the outside with the tape! I probably should just chunk them

I'd get rid of them before you get burned. That wax doesn't just roll off your skin, like water. It tries to burn it's way through.

Spill hot wax on you even while you're wearing jeans and you could get serious burns before you can get the jeans off.

You couldn't get them off fast enough to avoid it, even if George Clooney was in the room.:grin2: