Anyone know who makes GL7505 wax?

Just wondering if anyone knows what company manufactures the SB 7505 from GL? I really like this wax and assume I can now get it at JBN since Greenleaf has closed, BUT I would like to check around and see who else carries it...but all suppliers seem to rename their waxes so it's takes some detective work. I like to use a wax that I can get from several suppliers so I don't get stuck when one closes down.

Edited by ah-soy

Thanks Gypsy, that's what I thought and called them on Friday after GL announced closing. He told me that it wasn't them :confused:. I know they used to supply them with the 70/30 so I naturally assumed they were supplying the 30/70 (which the 7505 supposedly is).

You might try Clarus Stasis 3020. Maybe see if they will send you a slab and test it. My experience with wax mfg is that they never reveal customers that they "special blend" wax for. The same wax is under a whole lot of different names but its no different. I think this is the wax you want but I don't know a distributor. HTH.

Steve

Thanks Chuck, I have tested Clarus 3020...it's a nice wax, but I like the 7505 better...seem to get a better burn and no wetspots

I add coconut oil to it and to my mind it really helps with throw and believe it or not, the co seems to control the schrooming with my zinc wicks! I originally thought the two waxes were the same so mixed them together and the difference in adhesion between the straight 7505 and the mix is amazing.

By the way, I called JBN and was told their 9900 is the same as GL's 7505.

Yes, by mistake I mixed the 7505 and 3020 together thinking they were the same wax. What I meant was I like the 7505 alone much better (I add CO to it). The accidental mix produced tons of wet spots very quickly and my wick results were drastically different. I pulled some of my older 7505 candles, stored in boxes and still have little to no wetspots.