Problems with Lick Me All Over

Ravens

Is this a light scent? I made tarts and mixed this fo from NG in CBL129, 6006&GB415 combo, Ecosoya PB, and 4786 with some added Crisco.

It smells good cold, but when I melt the tart I can't smell a thing.

I let the tarts cure between 2 and 8 days - no difference:mad:.

Any suggestions? Used 1.2oz for each pound of wax, heated to approx. 170, added the fo, stirred about 2 minutes and poured.

I'm having the same problem with Rowan from Moonworks. It smells so good and sweet when cold, then I melt it and nothing happens, no hot throw whatsoever. If you have luck with these, will you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

Just to clarify: You've tried it in 4 or 5 different waxes and there was no hot throw from any of them ?

I know that some folks have trouble with hot throw in soy, at times.

You might do a search for "hot throw in soy". You might learn a few tricks, that way.

From where I'm sitting, no HT in 4 or 5 different waxes and I'd probably bypass that one.

I believe you're right. Think I'll just rate this FO as a "dud", especially when I get no throw in my favorite wax, the CBL129!

And it looks like "Rowan" will get the same vote ("Dud"). It really is too bad, 'cause their CT is quite decent. I suppose you can't have them all!

Thank you!

That's what I thought at first, that my nose had become numb (really, it has). But 2 friends of mine tried Lick Me All Over and both said the same thing: no throw :(.

I will try it again with just the 415. Should I add anything to it (CO, for example), at what temp should I add the FO?

Thank you so much for any tips you're willing to share!

Ok, Dee, try to keep a straight face, but I haven't really started making candles, just tarts :embarasse. I know, rather sad that I can't get a tart to release this scent! I have made a few candles for my own use, but the wicking has me really stumped. I got discouraged so I thought I'd better start with tarts and learn the properties of different waxes (and i have a lot of waxes in here, lol). When my confidence improves, and with some help, I will go back to the candles - I really do like to see that flame burning.

I have 8oz, tureen jars and a variety of wicks. The zinc wicks seem to work all right, but they form this big mushroom as they burn. I've been considering using two zinc wicks (either 51-32-18 or 44-28-18 or the 60-44-18) to help with the HT. I also have several other wicks (CD, CDN, HTP, paper core, etc.) but they're all in a drawer, waiting, so to speak.

try the 415 with 6-7% fragrance.. it should throw good in tarts.

for my candles i used 8 oz jjs and use a cd 12 mostly and a 14 for some harder to wick scents. and for the 16 oz mason jars i use mostly a cd 12. not that this will help you much since you use tureens but if you ever try the jelly jars. not sure the diameter of the tureen jars.

• 3 months later...

Ravens I don't have much too add about the scents you tried. I do have NG's lick me all over being shipped to me now and plan to try it next week once I receive it. However for what it's work I use 6006 and the 11 oz tureen with two 44-32-18z. It does well other than it may be melting too fast. Great hot throw and little to no soot. I think it may still be burning a little too hot though as it gets a good melt pool in the first hour. So my suggestion in your 8 oz tureen would be to not use more than the 44-32 if you double wick. Just telling you this because I always love to hear people's input when I am trying to wick something new. I am trying the CD's out tomorrow to see how they compare with the zinc.