How many Christmas shows is everyone doing this year?

Firefly

I'm doing 4 this year and did 5 last year. Six months a year I sell at a local market on Saturdays and then do the Christmas shows as well.

Tonight and tomorrow is my first Christmas one of the season. Also I'm selling at another show this week-end but it was a drop off where other people sell your products as it's a huge fair where all the locals sell their homemade products.

Then this coming Tuesday I do another show at the University I work at and it is always good as it's for the United Way (we all pay a bit extra for our table to go towards United Way and donate something) and always draws a big crowd.

Then my final show is December 12th and 13th. In the midst of all that though I'm getting requests for products to sell in a few local stores.

What is everyone else doing this year?

• 2 weeks later...

I did 2 shows and instead of house parties and such, there are a lot of empty stores at malls, 4 other women plus myself rented out one of the spaces, equally divided it by 5 and 3 of us will rotate 7 days a week to physically work in the store covering all 5 areas. The rent is miniscule, foot traffic amazing, I did it last year and made more in one month than I made all year. I hadn't poured since my daughter passed away at the end of march and had committed to the 2 shows and I made it a goal for myself to follow thru so with 6 months shut down this mall store will keep me in the black this year. Store opens tomorrow and will close December 31st.

I guess I am odd man out, I am booked solid. I have 4 shows left. 3 this weekend, one of which is a 2 day (Thurs night, Fri night/Saturday all day and another Sun all day) then one more next Sat. After that I just need to worry about keeping the 2 stores I am in well stocked from then to New Years. I actually get tons of sales between Christmas & New Years at one of the stores (the salon/spa) for some reason...not arguing! They keep me as hopping, if not more so, than when I am doing shows with putting together gift baskets for those last couple of weeks.

Edited by mparadise

Wow, everyone sounds so busy with all their shows. Hope you all did well. I just have one more show next week-end and then I'm done. One show I did this year for the second time was great but the other two were disappointing (one was a first) and the other just wasn't well attended and people just weren't buying.

My last one is one I do every year as it's the Christmas show of the market I sell at 6 months a year so it's usually good.

comfortscents,

Sorry to hear about your daughter and hope you do well in your space.

I just finished a string of 7 two day shows every weekend...

Yesterday my hubby did a one day show, while I was off doing another...

finally finished for the season!!!!

:)

Wow, that's cool that your husband will go do shows on his own.

I hope everyone did well at all their shows.

Well he is very comfortable going to public markets with our greenhouse stuff, so I thought it might be a good idea that he try just a small craft show in our home town.

We had booked a table for two with some very good friends of ours, (who sell produce conifer essential oils) and we sent our two hubbies there while we did the bigger one.

Ours finished at 5pm so we joined up with the guys after. (Theirs finished at 8pm)

Well we got there, and they had opened a bottle of wine (of course it was hidden under the table) :laugh2:.. but they both did pretty well on their own.. AND they had a great time doing it which is the main thing!!!