What would you recommend for contact info? facebook? etsy?

leenabug

Hi, I have a question for those of you who do this.......I have had several people tell me that they wish I had some type of "site" they could go to online to view my scents and products. I don't have a business type operation, I do batches of candles, melts, etc for various people thru out the year and of course more people want something during the holidays.

I don't feel I have the time or ability to have an actual website. (maybe i don't know how easy it is, but it seems complicated). I have an email address, but like I said they want something where they can see a list of what I have and then tell me what they want. So many people prefer to do things online now days.

What kind of thing could I do, that would be easy and simple for me to maintain? I heard people talk about facebook and etsy.........would that be something I could consider?

Do you recommend anything? I know nothing about anything, so please advise me like your talking to a moron...lol

Edited by leenabug
misspelled

I have both a FaceBook Fan page and Etsy. I really don't spend much time with either one, but they are both easy to make changes to. If you just want to display what you make, I think a fan page would be good, and it's free :smiley2:. You will need to make a personal FaceBook page, if you don't already have one, then you can start a Fan page.

You may want to take a look at artfire.com. Sorta like etsy I think but a lot of people that were on etsy are changing over. It is like a website. I have an artfire shop just cause it was something extra to try besides website. This is it if you want to take a look leenabug. http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=43585&op=new&body=1

Edited by grama

Garsh, I must be old or stupid! I can't get anywhere at all! I created a facebook account, but when i started a page i got lost.(personal,business, group or fan page?) I don't know what I did! Then I couldn't find it.

So I went to artfire and that seemed simpler, so I created an account again and now I am stuck on the banner! IT says I need to upload a banner, so I uploaded a pic and it rejected it.

So, ....Grama......Please tell me how to create a banner that I can upload! I sent you an email with the same question......:confused:

I think if I were you, I'd do it as a blog. This enables you to list your items without the restrictions of facebook, and also without having to actually have anything already made up for sale which is what etsy is for. It sounds like you're needing something to show what you could make up, rather than what is already made up.

okay after four days of fiddlin with stuff, i think I settled on an artfire page. Afte hours of trying to upload stuff and asking for help, i finally have a link to offer my friends for contact info online! ( I have yet to list anything or figure out how to list my scents, which is the whole point, but I'm getting there!..) Thanks for the info!

I created a facebook account, and started a business page, but I can't figure out how to get back to it...!:laugh2:I think i should have just done a personal page, cause i'm not really a official "business", so i gotta figure out how to delete that and start over. I may go back to that for "fun" after I get all the artfire stuff settled. anyway here is my link to my eventual artfire page........www.honeysucklefields.artire.com