Wicking up

Having a problem with Home Sweet Home Fo from BCN. Im using igi6006 with zinc wicks 9oz hex jar and its giving me a small melt pool. They say I need to wick up but not sure where to start. She wants me to start with cd 14 or 10 or 12. Just wondering if any of you have any recommendations? using 51-32-18

Edited by almaga

How wide is the jar? The amount of ounces doesn't tell me much when I need to know the diameter of the candle you want to wick.

There's a few wicking guides on the net that can help you figure what wicks are recommended based on the diameter of candle. Here's one I often refer too http://www.candlewic.com/candle-wicks/pop-spools.asp.

Candlescience also has a wicking calculator where you put in the size and type of wax. The only bummer thing is it has to be one of the waxes they sell. Since I don't order wax from them I don't find much use in it. They do carry IGI 6006 so you might find it helpful. http://www.candlescience.com/learning/wick-guide.php

Having a problem with Home Sweet Home Fo from BCN. Im using igi6006 with zinc wicks 9oz hex jar and its giving me a small melt pool. They say I need to wick up but not sure where to start. She wants me to start with cd 14 or 10 or 12. Just wondering if any of you have any recommendations? using 51-32-18

Even when I was using J50 and that particular FO, I always had to wick up to a 60z in that hex jar.

Now with 6006, I've been pouring those same hex jars and use a CD14 in that jar, only because it's a little more difficult to get a good melt pool because of it's shape. I'd try the 14 on that FO in that jar. I use CD14 in my square mason jars and with heavy FO's it does the trick.

HTH

Carrie

I use NatureWax C3 & IGI R2322A (aka Glass Glow) in the 9 oz. hex jars and use a CDN 10 or 12, depending on the FO. This container catches soot, so I try to get away with the smallest wick size I can and still not compromise the HT. With my wax, a 14 would be way too big and heat up the jar something awful! I use CDN 14s on 3" containers, like 8 oz. wide mouth jars. HTH :D

Edited by Stella1952