Essentials by Catalina Whipped Body Frosting Paraben Free

Momto2zs

hi, has anybody tried the version with the added 7% butters(cocoa and shea). What do you think of it, how does it glide, is it thicker and more luxurious, does it leave a greasy feel to the skin?

Ive gotten a sample of the paraben free whipped body frosting without the added butters and love it. Just wondering if the added butters are worth it.

Also...since the amount is small (the 7%) Im wondering if anyone here adds their own butters to the original paraben free version? how is this done, melt the butter then drizzle into the whipped frosting and mix with a mixer?

The added butter is 9 dollars more per gallon, wondering if I can just do it myself for much cheaper.

Also to get a 4oz sample of the added butter verson it cost 13 bucks. Yikes! This is versus the $4 spent on the 4oz sample of the paraben free original.

So Im hoping someone can give me input on the added butter version?

Thanks a bunch.

Love,

Momto.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kathy. I don't whip it, its already whipped. It didnt even occur to me to whip it? (now I got that blasted song in my head lol)

I never did get an answer to my original question ..so I'll go ahead and answer to possibly help any others that stumble along curious. I ended up purchasing a gallon of the added butters formula. Is it more luxurious? Yes a bit. Is it thicker. Yes a tad.

In my opinion its not enough of either to warrant the extra 9 dollars, if I purchase again I'll be going with the regular paraben free formula.

So far I like the lotion, I LOVE that its chocked full of great quality ingredients. The problem that Im running into though is that when I color and scent the lotion becomes too greasy for my liking. I then go in and add cornstarch which does help cut that greasy feeling, but not to the point that satisfies me. I will cut back on my fragrance oil next go round as I opted to go stronger scented over milder so cutting back I would imagine would further help the greasies.

The lotion also leaves a cooling sensation that is not unpleasant but it then sometimes slightly stings? for lack of better way to describe it. This confuses me as there is NOTHING in the ingredients listing that would be irritating to the skin as far as i can tell. I do not get any bad side effects though, no break outs no redness or irritation..

So at this point Im still in search of a lotion I can fall in love with. heh. Currently looking at Millcreeks Soy BCN and possibly WSPS goat milk and honey.

ROFL - Now why didnt I realize it would be already whipped. I think my head is just spinning from reading and researching too much.

Its funny you mention the feeling of stinging. I made some last night and noticed this. I thought maybe just too much FO, even though I had used the minimum amount recommended.

So at this point Im still in search of a lotion I can fall in love with. heh. Currently looking at Millcreeks Soy BCN and possibly WSPS goat milk and honey.

I love and use WSP Goats Milk & Honey. It also has shea butter and aloe in it and feels great on my skin. My customers rave about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I ditto the WSP Goats Milk and Honey. My customers love it. They are begging for me to offer a bigger size, as I started with little 2 oz. trials. That's the lotion you want. I even use it unscented on my little girl! Great stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're buying the base to sell, you'll have some issues with adding your own ingredients to the base. You'll have to adjust the preservative amount to account for the additional ingredients, but it can be difficult to gauge how much to add since you don't know how much preservative was added by the supplier. You also have a potential issue with the emulsion breaking due to the higher amount of oils vs. water.

I hear you on the research research and more research Kathy! hehe.

Its amazing for me to see myself gone from this forum for a few weeks as at one point I was constantly on every day and up until the wee AM hours of the morning.

Went through most of my starting business money so have slowed down ..have to be choosy about what to spend the remaining money on. Sighhhhhhh I miss my frenzy. hehe. Bath Body Beauty can be soooo addicting.

See others have stopped in with input and advice. Thanks so much!

(candybee, jennyjo,fairylite..ty!)

I'll be buying some of the Goats Milk and Honey lotion from WSP to try out this week. :smiley2:

So at this point Im still in search of a lotion I can fall in love with. heh.

Oh you MUST try aquatech's hemp lotion then. You will absolutely fall in love.

(looks expensive, but keep in mind that shipping is included in the price).

edited to add link: http://www.aquatech-skincare.com/htmls/Omega-3-Hemp-Body-Lotion.htm

Edited by CareBear

• 2 weeks later...