weekend craft shows ?

*Dee*

who else has weekend craft shows ? i have one tomorrow and saturday. its from 10-9pm tomorrow and 10-4 saturday. its the biggest one of the year here. i had one last weekend as well and there was 3 other candle tables, one was mia bella then one of the other ones was all soy and get this he was burning votives and grabbing peoples hands and pouring the hot wax on them to show them that soy burns cooler and wont burn you and that it is a great moisturizer and has the vitamin c in it lol and another guy says he makes his candles in his basement and guesses how much oil to use.. :shocked2:

anyways this show there is only supposed to be 1 other candlemaker who makes gel candles. so i am hoping it will go well and i dont have to run into a bunch of idiots lol

I technically have 2 this weekend. I have a small one Saturday that DH is covering for me because I got invited to do a big one on Saturday & Sunday after I had already applied and been accepted to the small one.

I did 2 shows last weekend too. A small elementary school one on Friday night that was horrible and a larger "good" one Saturday & Sunday at a local college. Gotta love this time of year because if you are anything like me you jamb in as many as you can during the busy season to make up for the slower times. The sad thing is that with all the shows I am scrambling during the week to make products to sell and staying up late every night (have full time job too). I am actually looking forward to next weekend because I "only" have a home party to do...no shows booked. How sad is that?? :confused:

We definitely are gluttons for punishment. I actually have 11 event days between now and 12/12, including 2 parties. On top of that I have 2 stores that I do consignment in to keep stocked and the 3 weeks before Christmas are typically nuts (restocking atleast 2-3x a week). I can't wait for the the new year to start getting away for relaxing weekends to Vermont!

Alot of shows are starting earlier because of complaints from the craftservers so all the shows I would have normally booked are now booking on the same weekends. Now I have to decide which show makes more money which has been tough because I make pretty close to the same amount. I have noticed people are really watching their money this year and not spending as much. It is really tough to make a sale.

Wanted to add...I HOPE Scentsy is there. I make primarily clamshell melts, and Scentsy does wonders for my sales! Think the coordinators would look at me funny if I requested a booth next-door? :laugh2:

I see Scentsy likes the hood eh? Someone is usually peddling at the shows north of you.