Wax melters

I love my water jacket melters. Its the best thing I ever bought. It really speeds up the process. Also I keep mine on all the time from Sept- Dec. Just make sure I fill the water every night. The other months its on a timer that way when I come in the wax is melted.

I have a water jacketed melter. It really puts out the heat so if you live in the south, you would not be able to have it on all the time in the summer. Just too hot.

I'm thinking about purchasing another one for votive wax and will probably go with a direct heat model.

I've been drooling over these, for years.

I always knew I'd forget to put water in the water jacketed variety, which would ruin it.

I'd have LOVED to have had the 31 pound one, but frankly, for that same $450 I could set up 20 Presto pots. Even the 13 pounder is nearly $300. That's 15 Presto pots. I just never could justify the cost.

Just make sure I fill the water every night. The other months its on a timer that way when I come in the wax is melted.

I too leave my wax melter on all the time, except during non-busy times.

Just a suggestion for you, I filled my water jacket with plain vegetable cooking oil that you can get fairly cheap at a wholesale supply store. Haven't had to refill in over two years and it doesn't steam like water will.

Now a question, what kind of timer do you use and how do you detemine what time the melter comes on?

I would never use anything but a water jacketed melter. It's much safer and, you do have the option of leaving it on all the time so your wax is always ready to use.

Thanks for bringing that up. I will call Candles and supplies tomorrow to check.

I checked the C&S website. They sell the Wenesco melters. That would be all the blue ones. You might want to look at that page. They have 2 models that sell NEW for around $300.

No sense in spending that much for one that's been used for 3 years, if you can get the new one, WITH A WARRANTY, for the same price. Check the sizes and models to be sure this isn't the case.

I have one of each (75#Water Jacketed & 100# dual zone Direct Heat). I actually prefer my WJ one even tho it is a little smaller. I may take a little longer to heat up but it holds a much more consistant temp once it is - no spikes of when the element kicks on or off because the water levels it off some. Plus I can use an regular plug for that one so I can move it anywhere in my workshop as needed vs the 20 AMP special plug on the DH version so it can only go in one spot because that is where the plug is. Also check Craigslist to see if anyone is getting rid of theirs locally. That's how I got both of mine and it was just an hour drive each way to get them (well sort of...one was near DH's office so I made him pick it up on the way home). I got them both for around $200 each and one had been used twice and the other had never been used.