Candle Cocoon

samandkennasmom

Got my samples yesterday and just poured Coconut Macaroon before I left for work today and it smells amazing, it does smell very similar to Backwoods Coconut Curry Custard...very interesting because there is a big difference in price, will see how the HT is in a few days.

I also got Maui Mt Pineapple, smells a little sharp oob so will have to pour that one and see how it goes. The Cranberry Cardamon Clove smells awesome oob cant wait to get it in some wax tonight.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my samples yesterday and just poured Coconut Macaroon before I left for work today and it smells amazing, it does smell very similar to Backwoods Coconut Curry Custard...very interesting because there is a big difference in price, will see how the HT is in a few days.

I also got Maui Mt Pineapple, smells a little sharp oob so will have to pour that one and see how it goes. The Cranberry Cardamon Clove smells awesome oob cant wait to get it in some wax tonight.

I love CC's Coconut Macaroon, and I got a good throw when testing in soy. I have been wanting to order it. I have a Toasted Hazelnut that smells a little like a Toasted Coconut so that is why I have hesitated in ordering the CM....somewhat similiar. To my nose, the CMac is not exaxctly lijke Backwoods Coconut Curry Custard. CC has some great fragrances and great customer service.

I love CC oils also, they are worth every dime, very unique and top notch oils.

My favs are sultry angel, serendipity, raspberry cordial.

You definitely cannot judge them OOB. I got a sample of candy corn, and OOB it smelled weird, but in wax it was very sweet and fragrant.

Burning Coconut Macaroon right now and its awesome! Will definitly keep this one.

Also burning Creme Brule Cafe another strong one, would definitly pour this one at .5 next time, will have to wick up on this one, my usual wick is fighting to stay lit.

Cranberry Clove Cardaman another great one. So far all of them have great CT and HT in my ParaSoy blend. :cheesy2:

Just Poured Sultry Angel, Maui Mt Pineapple and Malayan Mango will burn them in a couple of days.

Burning Malayan Mango right now and it is awesome! Think I will keep that one:cheesy2: .75ozpp

Also test burned Maui Mt Pineapple today but something seemed off to me...can't quite put my finger on it. .5ozpp

Going to burn Orange Tea & Crumpets tomorrow...cant wait!

Hi,

I email CC and asked her about Christmas scents, she suggested these--

Winter Woodlands Whisper, Ice Crystals, Serendiptiy, Raspberry Cordial, Cranberry Compote, Cranberry, Cardamom and Clove, Cherisched and any food scents :) HTH,

Lyschel

I wouldn't of thought of some of these so just thought I'd share!

Have a Blessed Day!

Hugs

Michele

Poured all my testers...can't wait for them to cure. Brandied Pear, Serendipity, Sultry Angel, Vanilla Voo Doo, Chocolate Suede, Pillow Fight, Masala Chai and Bunchberry & Moss. My fav's (OOB) so far are Brandied Pear and Bunchberry & Moss. I will have to have some restraint letting them cure for a couple of day's. LOL

Kyme

Hi,

I poured a couple of my testers 2 days ago and I'm pretty bummed. Pumpkin coffee, marsala chai, ooey gooy carmel, vanilla voodoo and coconut macaroon. Don't have my notes right here and I added what was recommended for use and none smell like much to me. Maybe my snifffer is goin...I used gb415, I'm sad now...

Hugs

Michele

I ordered the Chocolate Suede and Vanilla Voodoo. They are shipping today. Here is a note from Lyschel.

"Remember that the Chocolate Suede, Fairy Dust and Twinkle Toes and Cranberry Compote (samples) are all Super Concentrates and only need about .5-.6oz per pound."

Can't wait to get these into wax!

Carrie

I'm , still waiting... I like all of their CT, but I am not sure how I feel about Chocolate Suede either. But I love Bunchberry & Moss and also Serendipity. IMO Sultry Angel kinda (it reminded me of it when I was pouring it) smells like Ancient Incense from Moonworks. The owner Lyschel is great, very personable and helpful.

Kyme

Vanilla Voodoo is so good. I have a tester burning right now. The HT is great my whole living room and the entrance to my kitchen smells so sweet. I used .75oz per pound and let it cure for about a week. That was the hardest thing about the whole process. My fav is peony and white tea I got a sample a month or so ago and loved loved loved it. I really am not a fan of peony but this fo smells so goooood.

Hi Trapp...and all ya others!:

I used the suggested amount that she told me, .5oz on the ooey gooey carmel and coconut macaroon. .75 per oz with the others. Maybe they need more than a couple days to cure and get a good cold throw. Seems like others have used gb415 and had good luck with them...maybe it's just me...none of them smelled good yet today...

Hugs

Michele

I LOVE Candle Cocoon's oils, they are all high quality and I know on a lot of them I can get away with using 1/2 oz./lb for a great kick ass throw. Plus Lyschel is one of the sweetest people to work with!! :cool2:

Lychel is great! She has helped me a ton and been very patient with my questions.

I use her oils as I can pick up when I visit family there and I love the unusual fragrances. I've had amazing responses from my patchouli candles. Those who love patchouli have told me this patchouli is the best they've smelled. (I'm personally not a fan but it sells.)

Also, this holiday season Candle Cacoon's pine scent (I think it's called winter woodland whispter) had been a huge hit! I repeatedly hear from customers that it is the best pine they have ever smelled. I agree!

• 6 months later...

I ordered a few oils last week. This is the first time a company has emailed to welcome me and she also sent an email to explain what percent to use the oils. Lychel is really sweet. I'm testing Sultry Angel now, and it already smells so good. I'm using 4630 with zincs and I only let it cure one day ( couldn't wait :)) I can't wait to try the others- I ordered vanilla voodoo, serendipity, & coconut macaroon.

LOL I am going to place an order for some of these that you guys have mentioned that I haven't tried yet.

Being a member of this board is an expensive venture! :)

Isn't it though? Add bunchberry moss (think she's the one who carries this) to your order ... I've always wanted to try it. I really should clear a space on my shelves so I can give her a try. I'm working on it.