Silicone molds

Hi!

I've been making candles for about 3 years now. I am addicted to buying scents. I would love to learn how to make bakery tarts and grubby cinnamon bun candles(they are usually made in an aluminum loaf pan) Here is where my problem comes in...I was looking at silicone molds and I want so many of them. I could just see molds being like scents, addictive! Right now I just make soy jar candles and they are seeming kinda boring to me. The molds I've looked at are not exactly cheap, I know silicone is expensive. This is probably a road I shouldn't even go down. What ya all think?

Hugs~

Michele

You are right. Molds can be as addictive as scents. I have an entire cabinet (that takes some adjusting to get the doors to close) packed with molds.

Because silicone is so expensive, try to buy molds that will give you the most bang for your buck. I try to do that to justify spending $. :cheesy2:

~Julia

Silicon molds can get really expensive but there are some sources on eBay that are reasonable and also on eBay are candle-makers selling their used silicon molds. Also you can find some on the classie here on craftserver. Over time you can build up a really good collection of molds without losing your shirt. LOL

This is one of my favorite eBay sellers of silicon molds. Such a cute assortment of really unique stuff and a lot under $10 and $20. http://stores.ebay.com/Scorpio-Innovations

Scottcrew's silicon molds are pricier but he's got a great selection especially if you like doing bakery candles. http://www.scottcrewcandlesupply.com/store/agora.cgi?page=mscottcrew.html&hdr=mscottcrew

I usually buy plastic molds from scottscrew. They're really inexpensive but the silicon holds up wayyyyy better than plastic and worth the investment if you're serious about making and selling candles.

Um...let me think about that a minute, umm.....NO, NOT REALLY! But boy do I love it!! Hehehehe!:) I mean it could be alot worse...I could be smokin(give that habit up..) drinkin, hangin in the bars...gettin in all kinds of trouble but all I want is a few oils and a couple molds to play around with, that ain't askin much is it? Geeeeezzzzz LOL!

Hugs~

Michele