Shooters

girlnextdoor

• 1 month later...

I had to chime in as I saw traffic coming in from this thread.

I've been calling them shooters since 2005. The reason why I call them shooters because if you look at them they look at colorful wax jello shots in the cups.

I also call them something other then shooters because Yankee has trademarked the word tart and I don't want a cease and desist letter like many people have had sent to them.

They only weigh about .8 ounces too and that's why I only charge $1.00. I have a pretty large local following and online following and ship all over the world. I must be doing something right!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been calling them shooters since 2005. The reason why I call them shooters because if you look at them they look at colorful wax jello shots in the cups.

I also call them something other then shooters because Yankee has trademarked the word tart and I don't want a cease and desist letter like many people have had sent to them.

They only weigh about .8 ounces too and that's why I only charge $1.00. I have a pretty large local following and online following and ship all over the world. I must be doing something right!

They are adorable! I dont do wickless for my shop but these look like something I could do for my own personal use because I always have leftover wax and I dont always want to mess with pouring tealights with the leftover. I think the shooter name is cute, too. It might not appeal to all people but I think it is easy to recognise why its called that and they do totally look like jello shots!

At dinner tonight, our ranch dressing came in these little containers, so I looked on the bottom to make sure they were #5. I asked the restaurant if I could buy some of them to try them out. It cost me $1 to buy 20 cups and lids. I came home to try them out and so far so good. Now to contact the local restuarant suppliers to see if I can get them locally :)

Thanks for sharing the idea!

I knew someone else called them shooters. I remember reading awhile back about you're s. Yours are so darn cute. Tarts should be a genaric name like kleenex, candles and coke.

Did I understand correctly...there is a certain type that needs to be used. What is the correct type? I have been thinking about getting the black oval shaped ones. Will those work?

Kyme

Kyme,

Seems like I read somewhere that they have to have the number "5" on the bottom for them to be safe for fragrances. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, are the containers you guys are getting actually "shot glass" shaped?? Those are too cool!!

Edited by CandleMama6

Kyme,

Seems like I read somewhere that they have to have the number "5" on the bottom for them to be safe for fragrances. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, are the containers you guys are getting actually "shot glass" shaped?? Those are too cool!!

Thanks CandleMama6, here is the link to the ones I was looking at..

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/newspring-e1001b-ellipso-1-oz-black-oval-plastic-souffle-portion-cup-1000-cs/128E1001B%20%20%201M.html.

Kyme

no they have to be #5. i get mine from my local gfs BUT they dont carry them in their store. they have it in their catalog, they order them and get them in the next day. you have to buy 1 case of the cups and 1 case of the lids. total for both is about 63 or 67.00. you get 1,000. I am planing on getting some in the next week or so and was gonna see if someone wanted to go half with me. if interested pm me. if not, ask them to check their catalog. they are the elipso brand. i always get the 2 oz black oval souffle cups. hths