I Can't Believe I Did That

Have you ever been topping off your candles and topped with the wrong scent? I just did that! All the time knowing that I was supposed to be topping Sweet Pumpkin instead of Carrot Cake :confused: Just poured it off and now to put it on Sweet Pumpkin and hope it don't mess up my Carrot Cake!

Well, I have to many in about the same color and of course smelling don't help!!! Right now trying to decide if the leftover wax melting is sugar cookie or carmalized praline. Then I have Sweet Pumpkin & Carrot Cake to close in color. I have also left the FO out once. But never done this in all my years of pouring. This is my 3rd fundraiser, 1 more to go and then finished with them for the year. Had 4 very close together!

And it isn't even Sugar Cookie, it's Hansel & Gretel's house. Think I told my sister it was Sugar Cookie, my mind has about had it!!

Edited by grama

I have done all that plus. Now I space mine out. I never pour red next to red. I always make sure the next color is different. Then I put my:yay: bottles in back of the candles, so I can remember what they are. And sometimes I write it on the paper towel under the candles. Most of my mess ups became new candle scents. Very seldom do I forget the scent. But that is not a good thing. lol Wrong colors suck too. I had green mulberries one time. Added a little Christmas tree scent and called it Christmas with Elvis. It is a huge hit today. Amazing hugh.

Normally I don't have colors so similiar but this time I actually had 4 different scents that were similiar in color. On my notes I have the order I pour them in and that works good. The problem was my pour pots where I left the left over wax got all mixed up and couldn't go my smell cause we all know about candlenose :confused:

I'm actually surprised that I never did anything like that. I've always poured in order from lightest to darkest.

When I first started I had a couple of incidents where I got a little red dye in a green candle, or some such, because I hadn't cleaned the mold quite well enough. After that I always poured all my reds together. Or greens or whatever.

Not sure how I avoided doing what you did. :confused:

Better watch it Dustpuuppy! You know how it is when you have never thought of something no problem but once it is thrown out there and the thought enters your mind then your mind is on it and you think, OK, got to remember now, then all of a sudden wow, then you done it :cheesy2:

Did that make sense what I just said??????

Edited by grama

I've done that and then sold them as specialty layered votives!

Since then I put masking tape on the handle of my pour pot and write the scent on it. I also put a piece of tape on the counter in front of the votives with the scent. When I do jars I put tape on each jar when I wick them.

I poured 2 cases yesterday...one of creme brulee and one of vanilla sugar cookies. I only marked the boxes so I've got to hurry up and put labels on them before two get swapped out by accident (MIL from hell has been known to do this)