Well, I made 2 candles!

Just did it for my own use, of course. I've been reading the forums for months and decided quite a while ago that, at least for now, I do not have the interest or patience to start making candles "seriously". Wicking sounds like it can be a real nightmare!

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I made 2 candles, same size, same wick and same wax, but used 2 different fragrances. Last night I tried one and today I tried the other one. Must be beginner's luck, but boy, do they smell great! However, one of the mistakes I made was in using one wick only; really think I should have used 2 wicks or maybe a larger wick? I used zinc core, and there's a little thin layer of wax around the jar, that's why I think I should have used a larger wick or used 2. When I first lit the candle, it started to throw soot but only lasted less than a minute. It burned slowly and the scent was just GREAT! I used the container wax from JBN. I'm a happy camper tonight :yay: but still not ready to make more candles, having too much fun making tarts!

Scented, I burned the candles about 3/4 down, one of the candles has a thicker ridge around only one side of the container, yet the wick looks centered, odd, isn't it:confused:? I'll light this candle again today and see what happens. Now I'm wondering if it's the wax I used that makes these candles smell so good, if it's just the fragrances, or if it's a combination of wax, wick and fragrance - plus cure time... hmmm.